Dylanlewiss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys, I'm about to graduate from my BSc biology at Aberystwyth University, I've been accepted on to a masters starting September.

I was funded through my undergrad by Student Finance England, in October 2017 however my parents moved to Wales, with all my known family now living in Wales permanently.

I've been denied student finance Wales due to 'moving to Wales for the purpose of study' which simply isn't true, and Student Finance England won't fund me because I have no English address and will not budge on that.

I've spoken to student finance Wales 6 times now, who tell me each time they can't fund me and put me through to SFE who basically tell me do phone SFW putting me in a bit of a loop.

Starting my masters this year will allow me a half price masters due to me gaining a HEFCW grant, which I won't get if I start next year, and I don't really want to waste a year of my life working a crappy job, SFW also offer £3000 more a year meaning I can actually afford to live for a year.

I'm currently in the appeal process, I've told them that their rules clearly state that I must be resident in Wales when the course starts, which I permanently am, and that I am not on an integrated masters and have therefore been removed as a student at Aberystwyth and will become a new student in September when my masters degree starts, this is just a massive Ballache really and has sort of put my life in a bit of a pickle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads