The USA are heading towards destruction and taking the world with them Watch

Rits21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got nothing against Americans, I think they have a beautiful country and an amazing culture but I think their politcs are *****y af. Always poking their nose in other countries’ business when their interests are threatened? Leaving international deals, about climate for example, because it doesn’t suit them, but if they keep that “me, myself and I” and “America first” mentality, soon enough there won’t be anything left for them to put their hands on. Another thing that bothers me is the nuclear talks. It looks really bad when they have the nuclear bomb already, but want to stop other countries from having it. Who do they think they are? Donald Trump doesn’t look any smarter or more reasonable or more stable than Kim Jong-Un or Iranian president Rouhani to me... Iran, North Korea and other countries feel threatened by America’s nuclear bombs and imperialism, it seems only fair to me that they try to organise their own defence to protect themselves. I’m against nuclear weapons, and the best solution is for the USA and other nuclear powers to stop their own nuclear activities. Also, how can “the beacon of freedom” defend Israel and watch it strip Palestinians from every single human right and wipe them out? And the list goes on and on, like withdrawing from the UNESCO, or recently the downloadable 3D guns? Where are they going??? I just think they’re spreading hate and selfishness. This is my own personal opinion and if you have a different one, I don’t mind hearing it as long as you expose it without hating on me, I’d appreciate it 😅
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rits21)
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got nothing against Americans, I think they have a beautiful country and an amazing culture but I think their politcs are *****y af. Always poking their nose in other countries’ business when their interests are threatened? Leaving international deals, about climate for example, because it doesn’t suit them, but if they keep that “me, myself and I” and “America first” mentality, soon enough there won’t be anything left for them to put their hands on. Another thing that bothers me is the nuclear talks. It looks really bad when they have the nuclear bomb already, but want to stop other countries from having it. Who do they think they are? Donald Trump doesn’t look any smarter or more reasonable or more stable than Kim Jong-Un or Iranian president Rouhani to me... Iran, North Korea and other countries feel threatened by America’s nuclear bombs and imperialism, it seems only fair to me that they try to organise their own defence to protect themselves. I’m against nuclear weapons, and the best solution is for the USA and other nuclear powers to stop their own nuclear activities. Also, how can “the beacon of freedom” defend Israel and watch it strip Palestinians from every single human right and wipe them out? And the list goes on and on, like withdrawing from the UNESCO, or recently the downloadable 3D guns? Where are they going??? I just think they’re spreading hate and selfishness. This is my own personal opinion and if you have a different one, I don’t mind hearing it as long as you expose it without hating on me, I’d appreciate it 😅
That what happens when you are a super power. You can protect your interests. Not something every other country including Iran and Korea try to do..

Well as they were the first to develop it, not surprising they have it.

So do I want N Korea [already has it] or Iran to have it? No. as they destabilise the region and it will result in their neighbours just building nuclear weapons.

I think the US and other nuclear powers will give up theirs if everyone does so. I dont see the Russians doing it anytime soon.

Yes agree withdrawing from UNESCO was terrible, they should have done it much sooner.

3d guns you mean compared to your countries where everyone and the dog has a real one.

Dude if you dont like them , then dont have anything do do with them. Dont buy US goods and dont use US inventions. Stick to Iranian and N Korean goods.
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The US are what the most powerful nation on earth is always going to be like, with that power coming from the economic and military supremacy they hold. Were China to replace them one day in status and what will differ, they will do their own bidding as every country large and small does. It's not an American thing.

On the plus side, weren't it for them and there would be nothing to prevent North Korea from nationalising the peninsula, to stop China from incorporating Taiwan or to deter Putin from reclaiming the Baltic states. Were the US to be struck off the map and even more strife would follow than they cause, probably the best option as top dog on the planet. Overall.
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think more, if not all, countries are 'selfish' and always after protecting their own interest.
The US seems the difficult one right now because Trump wants to renegotiate the trade deals. Which is not wrong necessarily, if he feels the deals are unfair.

Yeah it sucks that they (Trump) doesn't care about climate change.

I don't think it's about having nuclear weapons, is it? America and almost all countries just don't want anybody to develop new ones.
Eunomia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Being a bully is what gets you far in global politics. If the USA doesn't do it, somebody else will. It's unfortunate, but that's how the world has always functioned.
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GlockInmyRari)

Yeah it sucks that they (Trump) doesn't care about climate change.
This notion that climate conferences and treaties bring everyone together to try and save the planet is a bit off the mark, what everyone really does is make themselves seen as 'doing something' about it, whilst engaging in ferocious bargaining with others in trying to get away with as little contribution as possible. Some people say there are more gatherings and flying associated than it is good for the planet too, that's what cynics can be like.

It's all wheeling and dealing behind closed doors, with national interests above all at stake. The Guardian may have a more idealistic take but that is what it is really like and whether Trump did a good or bad thing... who knows, he thinks the US had a bad deal and we'd have to read it to know. He looks at it from an 'America first' perspective as much as the Chinese do with their own interests, or any other countries in need of industrialization. To them, it is their country first too.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)

So do I want N Korea [already has it] or Iran to have it? No. as they destabilise the region and it will result in their neighbours just building nuclear weapons.
That seems to ignore the fact that the US pressence in their respective regions eo ipso destabilizes them and arguably not for the better.
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zhog)
This notion that climate conferences and treaties bring everyone together to try and save the planet is a bit off the mark, what everyone really does is make themselves seen as 'doing something' about it, whilst engaging in ferocious bargaining with others in trying to get away with as little contribution as possible. Some people say there are more gatherings and flying associated than it is good for the planet too, that's what cynics can be like.

It's all wheeling and dealing behind closed doors, with national interests above all at stake. The Guardian may have a more idealistic take but that is what it is really like and whether Trump did a good or bad thing... who knows, he thinks the US had a bad deal and we'd have to read it to know. He looks at it from an 'America first' perspective as much as the Chinese do with their own interests, or any other countries in need of industrialization. To them, it is their country first too.
I agree that it could be more pretending to do something instead of actually improving. But it's hard for politicians to make inpopular decisions that will hurt their economy to save the environment. Especially considering that they are elected for a period of 4 years and those decisions won't result in environmental improvements untill decades later. It also only works if everyone cooperates and sets stricter rules for their businesses, so that there is no unfair competition.
On the other hand, environment has been on the agenda for so long (since 1992) that it shouldn't matter that America isn't cooperating for these 4 years. We should have gotten our affairs in order by now.
Airyana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
America's influence is waning

If Trump is helping this then maybe there is a good side to his presidency

I wouldn't worry about his language with Iran he's just playing tough.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Woe betide a country actually attempt to do things in its interest.
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think the US and other nuclear powers will give up theirs if everyone does so. I dont see the Russians doing it anytime soon.
:rofl2:
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stalin)
:rofl2:
So is there any indication your country will abandon its nuclear weapons if the Americans did the same?
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So is there any indication your country will abandon its nuclear weapons if the Americans did the same?
In my opinion, the only state that will abandon its nuclear weapons will be North Korea if the reunification of the Korean peninsula is to occur.

None of the other nuclear-armed states - France, India, Israel, Pakistan and the UK - will abandon their nuclear weapons, let alone one of the great powers - China, Russia and the US.

If American, Israeli and GCC meddling persists in the Middle East, I expect Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and possibly Egypt to develop and/or acquire nuclear weapons in the future.

Depending on China's re-emergence, I expect Japan to develop theirs, and possibly Indonesia. South Korea/reunified Korea has/will have the capacity to develop theirs, however, I would imagine that, in the even of Korean reunification, one of the conditions imposed by both China and the US would be the commitment to the NPT.

To answer your question: under no circumstances will Russia or the US denuclearise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads