ibstudent0019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So basically I have to write my EE over the summer (which I'm doing in Psychology), but my teacher told me to change my title at the very end of last term and now I can't get hold of him to help me with a title...

I want to do it on something about facial expressions, maybe about their significance/value, or something on their evolution??

If people could give me some suggested titles on this that would give enough scope for debate/analysis that would be amazing!!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ibstudent0019)
So basically I have to write my EE over the summer (which I'm doing in Psychology), but my teacher told me to change my title at the very end of last term and now I can't get hold of him to help me with a title...

I want to do it on something about facial expressions, maybe about their significance/value, or something on their evolution??

If people could give me some suggested titles on this that would give enough scope for debate/analysis that would be amazing!!
How significant are facial expressions in psychological research of human behaviour? Something like that. You'd be spending time talking about the practice of researching within psychology and comparing facial expressions to other behaviour indicators.

The evolution of facial expressions? Are you going to debate whether facial expressions can, or have evolved? Personally, I'm not sure how you would go about that. And would this be across centuries/millenia of humanity; or, more how an individual's facial expressions can develop as they grow?

How far can facial expression be an indicator of psychology maturity in humans?
Something along these lines might be a nice idea. ^
Hilaryisme
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ibstudent0019)

ooh what about something on masculinity vs femininity and how these are shown in micro-expressions, and what effects they can have?

For example, you could ask whether women/men have evolved to show certain emotions better and how these benefit them (do men show anger easier, due to their evolutionarily-increased affinity for agression? if they do, is this still useful in this day and age?)

sorry if these are completely out of touch, i havent done ib yet, although im really excited to study psychology. lmk how it works out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.26%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.66%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.42%

Watched Threads