The Student Room Group

What is your secret dream job? [Golden Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Ok, I'll be the first who ask this, what is OP looking for from these answers?
pilot
Racecar Driver
model or athlete , music writer. world city delevoper
Original post by marniepippa
model or athlete , music writer. world city delevoper

I'd love to be in a music video as well tbh and become a dancer
Proffessional cheese taster. :cool:
Have absoloutly no idea where I'd start though :curious:
okay so u realistic job expectations:

model - ive always wanted to be one, im sure every girl has but it just seems so glamorous and fun but im 5 ft 1 lol and dont have the look for it :biggrin:
actress - once again it just looks so much fun and this one would be realistidc if i didnt have such a cray family. it's like an artistic career and i would have loved it
archeaologist - i cant even spell it properly, just seems so fun
spy - seems cool, used to read a lot of alex rider, tintin watched totally spies as well
dancer - omg i forgot about this one. I love dancing but ive never actually taken any classes etc and im a bit uncomfortable in front of other people
sociologist - if it paid more
I wanted to be in the navy as well :/, iremember they came to my school, i was convinced bro
lawyer - until i realised i was too dumb. acc i would have followed throigh with this oe if my family didnt discourage me so much and tell me i wasnt good enough for it

anyways all my dreams have been crushed and so i shed a tear as i bury these ambitions :frown:
An astronaut

Not feasible. Technically feasible I suppose but very difficult and expensive
I would love a job in F1, particularly in engineering/design. It all seems like a huge commitment in terms of education and working hours. I've heard that pay isn't great, but this job may lead to a highly paid role in the automotive industry.
Original post by shadowdweller
Even if you didn't reach the full dream, is conducting/arranging music something you're working towards in general? :teeth:

Nah, I peaked in second year of Oxford and then gave up both conducting and arranging after that :frown:
Cirque du soleil acrobat.

I would love to have a job where I can travel the world and learn about absolutely everything there is to know about a place. For example, a place's geography, its flora and fauna, its culture and people, and how the location and environment in which the people live in influences their lifestyle, beliefs and everyday habits.
My absolute dream is to become an astronaut!

In fact, I don't even think I'd call it a dream anymore, it's now more a part of my future. I'm already on track to join ESA, I've got the grades for it, and I'm the fittest I've ever been. I'm learning Russian, to give me a head start on the training.

I just need ESA to open up their applications soon!
A famous ballroom dancer/actress/singer 😂
Ooh actually no I'd like to travel the world as my job!
Philosophical Lecture. In Taoism or any common Philosophies
Secret dream job: Chocolate taster.
I have two that i want to pursue more than anything.

First is being an author, I started writing when i was around 13 and books have always been a part of my life. I live to see a day when my work sits on a shelf in Waterstones.

Second is scriptwriter, and hopefully write the adaptation of a book and see it turn into a movie/series.

First ever dream job was an actress. Realised it is impossible now so i settle for the latter :biggrin:
I’ve got loads of normal ones like looking after cute animals or chocolate tester but I actually also have this really weird feeling that I’d enjoy some sort of really heavy manual labour job like operating a crane or something.
TV presenter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending