The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

selection criteria for Medicine

Hi, a friend's daughter applied to Medicine in Leeds a few years ago and, after doing so, she was told that that yera there were no many places available because of the deferred places...after that I've been told that Leeds prefers mature students. Is that correct? How many places for first-time students applying with predicted hrades you have for the entrance in October 2019?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
There is no preference to mature students according to their entry requirements. Remember you need to apply to sit the BMAT if you wish to apply to Leeds.

Government funding currently allows an intake of 240 home students, which includes mature students, graduate students and students from the European Union. Overseas students currently compete for a government quota of 19 international places and are required by the UK Government to pay a higher rate of fees than home students.

4.2 Competition for Places

The MBChB is always extremely popular we received 2130 applications in 2017-18 equating to 8.95 applicants per place. Most of our applicants have an excellent academic record. Further information regarding this is available from our website.
More details about Leeds Medical school can be found in the attached document. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest