The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Accomodation

Hi, I've been offered Sugarloaf mountain halls accommodation and just wondered if any one knew if these were just for Postgrads as I really don't want to be with the undergrads - studying a very technical course and don't want people partying every night in the communal kitchen, been there, done that :smile:
PLease could anyone help? I have tried online chat with USW and that was a bit useless - got referred to an email address that is only sending out automatic replies as they are very busy

Thanks in advance :smile:
Im starting my first year,undergrad, and ive been offered a room in sugarloaf
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
Original post by sophiealice68
Im starting my first year,undergrad, and ive been offered a room in sugarloaf

Did you request a quiet room? I’ve been assured by the uni these are the quiet blocks - no offence to undergrads but I actually want to study hard And not party :smile:
Original post by SteffComley
Did you request a quiet room? I’ve been assured by the uni these are the quiet blocks - no offence to undergrads but I actually want to study hard And not party :smile:

I don’t believe I did
Reply 4
Original post by sophiealice68
I don’t believe I did

Okay thanks :smile: just wanted to check. Nothing against people having fun and parties and all, just been there, done that and this course will be a challenge for me so really need to study. Just need to work out whether I grin and bear it or look elsewhere :frown:
thanks for your help :smile:
Okay thanks :smile: just wanted to check. Nothing against people having fun and parties and all, just been there, done that and this course will be a challenge for me so really need to study. Just need to work out whether I grin and bear it or look elsewhere :frown:
thanks for your help :smile:

Hope it works out and you manage to have a peaceful year 😊
Reply 6
Yes is not really clear is it! I’ve been offered a room in Mountain Halls, Caerphilly block.My move in time says between 1pm-5pmIs this correct or will we receive, say a one hour slot or something closer the time, any ideas?
Reply 7
No idea- are you a masters student? I haven’t accepted yet as looking into other options - unfortunately I am a very boring, would rather stay out of people’s way and go running instead type of person 😂 so I’m kinda worried...and the windows don’t open in mountain halls?!?! Very strange!
I'm not completely sure about this year, but I knew for a fact that Snowdon building was for returning students and the remaining buildings were just scattered around for first years. I was in sugarloaf last year as I was a first year. Usually there aren't any parties happening in halls, but it may be quite busy on Wednesday night as it's the usual "pre drinking at the flat before club" night.
Reply 9
Original post by itsamieemarie
I'm not completely sure about this year, but I knew for a fact that Snowdon building was for returning students and the remaining buildings were just scattered around for first years. I was in sugarloaf last year as I was a first year. Usually there aren't any parties happening in halls, but it may be quite busy on Wednesday night as it's the usual "pre drinking at the flat before club" night.

Hi, yeah I thought that may be the case - I’ve turned them down and gone for private accommodation. They ask preferences and then ignore them anyway so wasn’t impressed
Hi, yeah I thought that may be the case - I’ve turned them down and gone for private accommodation. They ask preferences and then ignore them anyway so wasn’t impressed

I remember that I ticked the box for quiet rooms and when my friend asked accommodation because the halls area were loud. They said that all of the Mountain Halls were "quiet rooms/quiet areas". Honestly didn't love living there as I'm not a party person myself nor like being loud.

Quick Reply

Latest