The Student Room Group

Self teaching RE GCSE (short course)

Hi there, I am going into Year 11 in September and I was thinking of taking RE (short course) as extra GCSE. However, I was not sure whether I will be able to get a grade 9 in it on my own and a lot of people have discouraged me from it. Do you think it is a good or bad idea?
Reply 1
If you see RE as useful, and have slight passion to study it as extra GCSE, it’s an excellent idea. if not you’ll find it tedious to do with other gcses, and may result in a lower grade. If all you want is a grade 9, seek an easier gcse, because some concepts in re touch the surface of a few in A-level. That does not mean you cannot get a grade 9 in RE, anything is possible, all you need is motivation and an effective learning plan. Good luck with making your choice & year 11.
Reply 2
Original post by akpo
If you see RE as useful, and have slight passion to study it as extra GCSE, it’s an excellent idea. if not you’ll find it tedious to do with other gcses, and may result in a lower grade. If all you want is a grade 9, seek an easier gcse, because some concepts in re touch the surface of a few in A-level. That does not mean you cannot get a grade 9 in RE, anything is possible, all you need is motivation and an effective learning plan. Good luck with making your choice & year 11.

Thank you so much. What other GCSEs would you count as less tedious?

Quick Reply

Latest