The Student Room Group

Need a new laptop for uni

So I need a new laptop for uni and was hoping for some recommendations. I prefer one that’s lightweight and has a good battery life and not too crazy expensive. Thanks!
Original post by Michimimi
So I need a new laptop for uni and was hoping for some recommendations. I prefer one that’s lightweight and has a good battery life and not too crazy expensive. Thanks!

Need to give us more specific detail

Make a thread using the template in the Laptops, netbooks and tablets subforum. It's the first stickied post :smile:
Original post by Blue_Cow
Need to give us more specific detail

Make a thread using the template in the Laptops, netbooks and tablets subforum. It's the first stickied post :smile:

Do you know of any large ambidextrous mouse for pc?
Original post by inSANEcity
Do you know of any large ambidextrous mouse for pc?

So any mouse that's symmetrical? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Optical-Ambidextrous-Mouse-Windows/dp/B00AZKNPZC
Reply 4
I have a surface pro 2017 which has:

128GB of SSD storage
4GB of RAM
Very long battery life. Enough to last a day
Boot up in 15 seconds (I counted)
Windows 10 professional preinstalled
Between 2.37 and 2.41 pounds (1.09kg) (I know, very light)
1 USB 3.0 port
1 Mini DisplayPort
1 microSD card slot
Current gen i5 processor
2,736x1,824 display (3:2 aspect ratio)
Silent. Why? Fanless

The internals vary from m3 processor, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD to i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD. The prices increase with better internals.

I got this in a Christmas sale for £799 which included the keyboard. This will hold its value for some time and is a very decent 2 in 1. I would recommend this very much for university work.

Basically yeah. I wanted a wireless mouse tho. Wanted a big one too
Basically yeah. I wanted a wireless mouse tho. Wanted a big one too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=wireless+ambidextrous+mouse

Any of these tickle your fancy?

Nice try, smartass😂 They are mostly gaming mice and the rest are small. Are gaming mice as good as normal mice? I'm only using it for browsing, office, sdrollins etc. Productivity work, essentially.
Nice try, smartass😂 They are mostly gaming mice and the rest are small. Are gaming mice as good as normal mice? I'm only using it for browsing, office, sdrollins etc. Productivity work, essentially.

They're fine :smile:
Original post by Blue_Cow
They're fine :smile:

Cool but is there any significant difference in twrmat of mocement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending