Geobro
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey

Apparently the halls are booked up. What alternative accomodation is available?
UoPHousingTeam
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, Raechelle from Student Housing here. If you get in contact with us we'll be happy to talk you through your options via phone or email regarding accommodation. Alternatively if you wanted to private message me your details I can ask someone to make contact with you E: [email protected]: 023 9284 3214
JarradJoe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, recently graduated Portsmouth student here.

It's pretty normal for a lot of new students to miss out on the uni halls experience. The University is frantically building new halls to accommodate the huge influx of students they get every year... but are still failing. Don't worry though. Portsmouth is heavily student-orientated, so there are thousands of student houses that you can find. There's an on-going struggle with the locals because there are more student houses than actual Portsmouth resident houses in areas like Fratton and Southsea (where the Uni campus is) if this gives you an idea of how many students don't get into halls.

There are some private halls, but I'd personally stay away from them due to how expensive they are and how they're not associated with the University at all (so if you happen to leave your accommodation it will be unlikely that you'll find someone to take over your tenancy contract). Look on facebook for housing groups - I found my 2nd year housemates from there.

Good luck.
Unilife Student Living
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello Geobro, we still have some studios available for 2018/19 in Portsmouth very close to the University! You can have a look at what we have to offer on our 360° viewers: https://www.unilife.co.uk/locations/portsmouth/

If you have any question about anything, feel free to email me at [email protected] or reply here

-Rebekah
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UoPHousingTeam)
Hello, Raechelle from Student Housing here. If you get in contact with us we'll be happy to talk you through your options via phone or email regarding accommodation. Alternatively if you wanted to private message me your details I can ask someone to make contact with you E: [email protected]: 023 9284 3214
Won't spaces be freed up when people miss their offers?
Unilife Student Living
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JarradJoe)

There are some private halls, but I'd personally stay away from them due to how expensive they are and how they're not associated with the University at all.
Hi there, you're right in that we're not from the University, however we do have good links with them - we're the only private accommodation provider on the university house portal & website.

Also, we allow cancellations for academic reasons, so if a student books with us and then cannot attend their course, they can cancel for free!
RhiAnders98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Unilife Student Living)
Hi there, you're right in that we're not from the University, however we do have good links with them - we're the only private accommodation provider on the university house portal & website.

Also, we allow cancellations for academic reasons, so if a student books with us and then cannot attend their course, they can cancel for free!
Didnt the unilife host the portsmouth uni park party too? I saw it online when looking for events you do, not a stalker i promise haha
Geobro
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unilife Student Living)
Hello Geobro, we still have some studios available for 2018/19 in Portsmouth very close to the University! You can have a look at what we have to offer on our 360° viewers: https://www.unilife.co.uk/locations/portsmouth/

If you have any question about anything, feel free to email me at [email protected] or reply here

-Rebekah
Hi Rebekah

I had a look at your website and I was left with two questions. 1. What is included in the suites? 2. Would I have access to the Middle Street common room if I lived in Saint James?
Unilife Student Living
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Geobro)

1. What is included in the suites? 2. Would I have access to the Middle Street common room if I lived in Saint James?
Our studios are all furnished, en suite, and have private kitchen, as well as a smart TV with Netflix. All bills are included to help make your student life as easy as possible!

Yes, you will be able to use all of the facilities in Middle Street if you live in St James

Here, we have our social hub, gym, events, study areas, and secure bike storage - all in the same building. You'll have unlimited hot drinks from our machine in the lobby, with grab-and-go breakfasts every morning on the way to Uni.

Is St James your favourite? We can do viewings in person or over Skype if you'd like to see it more
Unilife Student Living
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RhiAnders98)
Didnt the unilife host the portsmouth uni park party too? I saw it online when looking for events you do, not a stalker i promise haha
Hi Rhi! Yes, we hosted Party in the Park last year with Portsmouth's Student Union
DayGibson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey

Apparently the halls are booked up. What alternative accomodation is available?
Contact Unite Students asap I've cancelled my room so they have a space there now:

Monday - Friday to book the room: 0300 303 8645
Geobro
Rep:
?
(Original post by DayGibson)
Contact Unite Students asap I've cancelled my room so they have a space there now:

Monday - Friday to book the room: 0300 303 8645
Thanks for letting me know
Geobro
Rep:
?
So I think I am interested in a unilife skype viewing. Regarding your last post I have 2 more questions, is a TV licence included and what happens if someone breaks into your room?
Unilife Student Living
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So I think I am interested in a unilife skype viewing. Regarding your last post I have 2 more questions, is a TV licence included and what happens if someone breaks into your room?
That's great to hear, feel free to email me with the best time for you and we can arrange something! ([email protected])

Yes, TV licence is included. It would be very difficult for someone to break into your room, due to secure card entrances, however if someone did we have 24 hour CCTV so they wouldn't get very far! We have a 24/7 emergency phone number for our residents if they need any immediate help with anything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (93)
28.53%
No (233)
71.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed