The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

I'll arrive a few days earlier than I should. Help.

So... I'm an international/EU student and I booked my flight before i was aware of the accommodation key dates (because flights are cheaper) and now i know that students like me are supposed to arrive on the 19th, but i'll arrive around 8pm (i can't arrive earlier) on the 15th. I don't want to waste my money on hostels, but i don't know what to do. i can't change my flight. help?
I don’t think you have many choices. You’d have to either change your plane ticket which you’ve said you cannot do so I think you’ll have to look at getting accommodation for a few days. Maybe look at hostels or Airbnb (might be expensive depending on location).
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Have a look for a cheap hotel for a couple of nights. If you can't change your flights, then that's your only real option. Worth ringing your accommodation and asking if there's anywhere you can store your bags though. And ask for the number of a decent taxi service for when you arrive at the airport.

Think of it as a chance to explore your new town/ city before you get too busy with uni.
Reply 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending