How do British men feel about American girls?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there! I'm heading towards my last bit of time at college and wanted to study abroad. I have always loved the idea of England and wanted to visit there. I've actually been seriously considering moving there as the company I look to work for has headquarters out there. So it's the perfect trial to see if I will enjoy England (which I believe I will). I study computer science so there's many options there for work if that company doesn't work out.

My question is how do the English men feel about American girls? As for myself, I don't have any type of crazy accent. I would say it's very subtle compared to any southern or deep northern accent here in America. I'm very down to earth, and my eagerness to explore the world is the reason why I want to leave America. It's wonderful here, but it's also wonderful everywhere else in the world and I want to experience it. I'm just curious - how they would view us, and how it would be for me.

I know it's hard to generalize, but just an idea would be great for me. I have no idea if the English men flat out hate American girls or what anything they think.

Thanks!
Howie_2114
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there! I'm heading towards my last bit of time at college and wanted to study abroad. I have always loved the idea of England and wanted to visit there. I've actually been seriously considering moving there as the company I look to work for has headquarters out there. So it's the perfect trial to see if I will enjoy England (which I believe I will). I study computer science so there's many options there for work if that company doesn't work out.

My question is how do the English men feel about American girls? As for myself, I don't have any type of crazy accent. I would say it's very subtle compared to any southern or deep northern accent here in America. I'm very down to earth, and my eagerness to explore the world is the reason why I want to leave America. It's wonderful here, but it's also wonderful everywhere else in the world and I want to experience it. I'm just curious - how they would view us, and how it would be for me.

I know it's hard to generalize, but just an idea would be great for me. I have no idea if the English men flat out hate American girls or what anything they think.

Thanks!
You do have an accent even if you think you don’t. The northern part of England is much friendlier than the south. Call it maths not math and football not soccer and you’ll be absolutely fine in England
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think they care really, England is really diverse and there's a lot of international students over here.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thanks!
Impossible to say as every man is different. Some will like Americans and others won't. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.
Guru Jason
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can drink at 18 and not 21 which is nice.
SimonJohnson1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thanks!
Guys will love you just for the fact you see things differently and have a different vocabulary.
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It depends where in England you go. I'm from the midlands, and we're not as friendly as you probably think we are.

The general image of americans here is fat, stupid, and annoyingly loud. As long as you're able to prove at least one of these things wrong you'll be fine.
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Free american citizenship after marriage. im down. where do i sign up?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by esralled)
It depends where in England you go. I'm from the midlands, and we're not as friendly as you probably think we are.

The general image of americans here is fat, stupid, and annoyingly loud. As long as you're able to prove at least one of these things wrong you'll be fine.
Ha! Well I workout/run 7 days a week so at least I'm not fat but honestly I hate even saying I'm American. I was raised very Greek-American. (since I am Greek) So I don't have this outright American pride you'll see all over the internet screaming USA ! USA ! USA !. Such as the trump supporters. If anything, I admire the English more than anything! Would love to call it my home one day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (296)
57.48%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
13.98%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (57)
11.07%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (44)
8.54%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.88%

Watched Threads