The Student Room Group

Films that made you cry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So many times in Moana - can't say any spoilers but there were bits with the grandma where I was literally sobbing.

Pretty much any film that isn't a horror will get me going though, whether it's happy or sad tears...
Me Before You, A Walk To Remember and The Fault In Our Stars
Original post by Doublletrouble
Me before you (the euthanasia scene)

My friend started crying at the beginning of the film :laugh: I feel sorry for the people who were in the cinema with us, when the euthinasia scene was on my friend was crying really loudly and I was laughing at her. :dontknow: Someone actually asked her if she was ok. :rofl:
The end of Arrival for some reason. Guardians of the Galaxy (The bits with the mum). Probably a whole load of comedies too.I tend not to cry at the end of sad films :dontknow: This isn't a film but at the end of LOST because it was over and I was so dissapointed with the ending :frown:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 8472
For me, whilst in the cinema my biggest tear shed occured at the star of SW Episode 7. It's been 10 years since the last star wars on the big screen. It marked a huge universe to come and seeing the opening scrawl pop up... I quivered like a baby :lol:

What film made you cry? Doesn't matter if that was from joy, sadness or laughter... :danceboy:

Loads, but the most notable of all has to go to Koe no Katachi(the Silent Voice/the Shape of Voice) hands down.
Original post by MushiRock11
Loads, but the most notable of all has to go to Koe no Katachi(the Silent Voice/the Shape of Voice) hands down.

Sounds good,will add to my to watch list !
The Green Mile is the only film I have ever cried at. I don't cry much as a person, to be honest. Only when I'm very sad or frustrated, maybe a couple of times a year, so the fact that I cried was actually a big thing for me. I'm 27 and watched the film this year, so I have gone a very long time without crying at a film!
The Notebook is one that made me cry.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier, at the end when Bucky was punching cap in the face...
Original post by bobby147
Sounds good,will add to my to watch list !

Great, it’s totally worth the watch!!!
Original post by chazwomaq
Watership Down.

"Bright eyes, burning like fire..."

Oh my god.... I was devastated and probably a little bit traumatised from that film :redface:
Reply 31
Original post by iamElectro
Captain America: The Winter Soldier, at the end when Bucky was punching cap in the face...

It just really makes where they are at now together so much more rewarding and pleasing :h:
A couple of films I've seen recently that have broken me are...

Gifted - a must see!!!!

Mamamia 2 - Heart breaking
Reply 33
Little fockers and all those movies were the funniest sh** I've seen in my life
Reply 34
Still can only say one movie made me cry and I'm not ashamed to say it was Disney's

UP (The part were Ellie passed away)
I am legend when the dog dies
I cried watching 'The Hunt'. Just do some research, I have no time to explain right now. :tongue:
I'm not much of a crier when it comes to movies although Bridge to Terabithia got a few tears off me because I'm not a monster. I think I got more invested in tv shows so their more likely to get me going, This Is Us had me brawling after those episodes in season 2
Four Lions- I was devastated when my boy Faisal died blowing up a sheep:cry2:
Black Panther

Quick Reply

Latest