Cranfield or Manchester UNI

Watch this thread
cdim03
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey every body.
I know that you ve probably saw many questions like this. I just want to know what other people think because I'm quite confused right now.
I got a place to study at Cranfield School of Management and at Manchester University. I ve read the rankings etc but those focus on MBA or MiM.
my offers are for a MSc in Management and CS at Cranfield and for a MSc in Human Resource Management at Manchester.
I would like to know about the careers prospects and which degree will help me to get a job in the UK.
thank you in advance.
cdim03
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anybody have any insight?
Cranfield University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cdim03)
Does anybody have any insight?
Hello cdim03!!!

Congratulations on your offers! Cranfield and University of Manchester are excellent universities and I am sure, both courses would be a good fit for you. Sure, like you said, this particular question has been answered a few times, however every student is different and perhaps looks for something different when choosing a Masters.

Here is a similar thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...862&p=78080532

I would ask, what are your drivers and motivations for going for an MSc? I can only speak from a Cranfield perspective as I study at Cranfield as well! Cranfield is a postgraduate-only University. Thus, Cranfield's focus is research: cutting-edge and leading research, as we collaborate closely with industry, government, within academia and other policymakers.

Of course, new job opportunities and career growth are some of the reasons why students choose Cranfield. For me, this was ke: I needed a place where, before I finish studying, I would have good options in the academia and industry.

95% of Cranfield School of Management students were employed within 3 months of graduation (across our full-time master’s courses).

From our School of Management, historically Students have progressed into roles, working for the following companies: Accenture, AfriSwiss Capital Management, Bank of Ayudhya, Bci Corporate & Investment Banking, BISA Leasing S.A., Bloomia, BMCI Groupe, BNP Paribas, Brussels Airlines, Capgemini, Capital Market Brokers, Compliancy Services, Credit Suisse, Deloitte, DNB, Edmond de Rothschild, EY, Frenger International, Hang Seng Bank, Investiture Fund Managers, Ipes, Ira Agrotech & Research Pvt., Kannatopia, Kasikornbank, Kerry Group, Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (Employees' Provident Fund), MBank, Nasdaq, ODIN Fund Management, Pilotware, PwC, Qilu Securities, RB, Results International, Rolls-Royce, Self-Employed FOREX Trader, The Anglo Chinese Group, UBS, etc.

There is a very active and helpful careers team and, of course, the annual career fair, which some students have gone onto secure roles at the fair. However, as I would always advise students at Cranfield, it is important that you (1) focus on excelling at your studies then (2) take hold of the opportunities you see and (3) start any job applications early.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if you have any more question.

Best Regards,
Cranfield TSR Rep.
Oke- PhD Student Cranfield University
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (66)
69.47%
In the post (3)
3.16%
Text (13)
13.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.68%

Watched Threads