The Student Room Group

UKCAT resitters (gap year and medicine reapplicants)

How are you finding studying for the UKCAT the second time round? Im finding it really hard to motivate myself :frown:
Im waiting for my results but i fear i might miss my offer so ive booked my ukcat for the 31st. I feel quite demotivated, it was probably the worst part of the whole application process and i dont want to sit it again but i guess i have a chance of scoring better than i did last year.
Hellooo! I am! I'm finding it hard too. When is yours booked for??
Reply 3
Original post by MedReapp2019
Im waiting for my results but i fear i might miss my offer so ive booked my ukcat for the 31st. I feel quite demotivated, it was probably the worst part of the whole application process and i dont want to sit it again but i guess i have a chance of scoring better than i did last year.

Aww Im sure you wont miss your offer! It was definitely the worst part for me too and the reason I didnt get to the interview stage :frown: My fear is that I wont even improve as I put 100% in last year and still didnt even manage to meet the average :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by medhopeeful
Hellooo! I am! I'm finding it hard too. When is yours booked for??

September 10th! Im hoping to do an hour a day until then. This exam absolutely destroyed me last year and the pain of my medicine rejections is still with me so I'm honestly finding it so hard T^T
Original post by flo_123
September 10th! Im hoping to do an hour a day until then. This exam absolutely destroyed me last year and the pain of my medicine rejections is still with me so I'm honestly finding it so hard T^T

Omg !! I booked mine for 30th August. I have not had rejections before!! Im applying for graduate entry med but I did do UKCAT once before i started my undergrad in biomed. I got such a crap score. BAND 4 and like 570 or some crap. I really want to get 700+!! and obviously not a band4 again..
Reply 6
I am finding it hard too to motivate myself, I am literally forcing myself to get some practise done everyday. I worked hard last year and got 598 so I am scared of failing again...
But tbh the good part is that this time i know what to expect on exam day whereas last year i was lost and panicked so I ended messing up the whole thing. Just need to avoid making the same mistakes and we'll be fine :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by medhopeeful
Omg !! I booked mine for 30th August. I have not had rejections before!! Im applying for graduate entry med but I did do UKCAT once before i started my undergrad in biomed. I got such a crap score. BAND 4 and like 570 or some crap. I really want to get 700+!! and obviously not a band4 again..

Ah rejections are the worst, makes you feel all your hard work was for nothing. You go girl/guy! If you can do a degree Im sure you can do this :biggrin:. I know grad medicine expects higher scores so good luck on that 700 haha
Reply 8
Original post by faiima
I am finding it hard too to motivate myself, I am literally forcing myself to get some practise done everyday. I worked hard last year and got 598 so I am scared of failing again...
But tbh the good part is that this time i know what to expect on exam day whereas last year i was lost and panicked so I ended messing up the whole thing. Just need to avoid making the same mistakes and we'll be fine :smile:

Thats honestly exactly how I feel! I got 612.5 last year so a similar score. Im scared of failing too but hoping that the extra year will help some how xD
Original post by flo_123
Ah rejections are the worst, makes you feel all your hard work was for nothing. You go girl/guy! If you can do a degree Im sure you can do this :biggrin:. I know grad medicine expects higher scores so good luck on that 700 haha

**** then... i didnt even know grad med expected higher scores..woop... and GO YOU TOO!! we can motivate eachother come on everyone
Original post by flo_123
Aww Im sure you wont miss your offer! It was definitely the worst part for me too and the reason I didnt get to the interview stage :frown: My fear is that I wont even improve as I put 100% in last year and still didnt even manage to meet the average :frown:

The UKCAT is the most bs test ever. I think it was made to try defer excess students from applying to medicine. Like, once you cross one barrier you'll always have another.

ukcat + bmat -> personal statement -> predicted grades -> interviews -> achieved grades

Trust me im sure i didnt get AAA. Most likely ABB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending