The Student Room Group

How to stop attached to family?

When my parents quarrels become too much and escalate to violence, I start to cry and beg them to stop. In the end they blame me and say my crying escalated their quarrel. I hate it that I love and care about them. I wish I had a cold and uncaring heart. How can I stop feeling hurt when they quarrel? How can I stop those stupid tears of mine? I hate myself for being such a useless, worthless
And emotional individual. So guys how to become less attached to parents? I really appreciate any advice.
Literally just stop being around them, try to go out with friends, don’t go into deep conversations with them, have short sharp ones only when u need to. Stay on ur phone or go in ur own room.
Attachment comes from maternal upbringing, they must of at least brought you up even with the most minimalist love, I am fortunate my parents failed in the parenting department, I couldn't care less about them nor anything with an ounce of life on the planet.
I used to hate my parents arguing, and hated my mother being in a bad mood as it'd get taken out on everyone else. It affected me even when I still lived at home in my early 20s, and it's the most horrible feeling, isn't it.

Try to get out and do your own thing as much as possible. You don't say how old you are, but try thinking about moving out as and when you can, whether that's to uni or getting a job and renting privately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending