The Student Room Group

Transferring and deferring for 3rd year? Please help!!!!

Hi, I’ve just found out that I’m pregnant, and have just finished my first year of uni. I would like to continue my second year of uni here in London, but then the summer after the baby is born (April) me and my partner want to move up north to be closer to family, as well as take a year out to be with the baby. Is it possible to complete my degree up north without starting from scratch? Are the credits I’ve earned at my university in London worth anything?
Thanks
Original post by Padfoot22
Hi, I’ve just found out that I’m pregnant, and have just finished my first year of uni. I would like to continue my second year of uni here in London, but then the summer after the baby is born (April) me and my partner want to move up north to be closer to family, as well as take a year out to be with the baby. Is it possible to complete my degree up north without starting from scratch? Are the credits I’ve earned at my university in London worth anything?
Thanks

Universities rarely allow transfers into third year. Most of your degree would come from elsewhere yet their name is on your certificate, plus what you were taught at your first uni might not 'fit' with what you learn at your third.

However, your circumstances might count as exceptional. Your best bet is to ask unis in which you are interested now, as transferring into second year might be a better option.

Quick Reply

Latest