The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Applying for Accommodation when St A's is an insurance choice?

Hey,

I've put St Andrew's as my insurance choice, and only decided on my firm/insurance in very late May. Its just dawned upon me to check whether I need to apply for accommodation at St Andrew's....

I've checked online and can't see anything saying people who've picked them as insurance can't apply, but I'm not sure whether it must be your firm choice to be considered for accommodation?

As deadlines will be probably be approaching, help ASAP would be appreciated! Thanks!
Original post by worryingtoolate
Hey,

I've put St Andrew's as my insurance choice, and only decided on my firm/insurance in very late May. Its just dawned upon me to check whether I need to apply for accommodation at St Andrew's....

I've checked online and can't see anything saying people who've picked them as insurance can't apply, but I'm not sure whether it must be your firm choice to be considered for accommodation?

As deadlines will be probably be approaching, help ASAP would be appreciated! Thanks!

This page is probably the one you want. You can apply to accommodation regardless of whether your offer is conditional, unconditional, or an insurance place.

They won't allocate accommodation until you're unconditional firm, but you have unfortunately missed the deadline for *guaranteed* accommodation. Lots of people who have St Andrews as insurance probably won't have applied for accommodation either, so whilst you're not guaranteed a place, they will try their best should you end up choosing St Andrews as firm.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending