The Student Room Group

Apple has become the first public company worth $1trillion

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45050213

Apple has become the world's first public company to be worth $1 trillion (£767bn).

The iPhone maker's market value reached the figure in late morning trading in New York as its shares rose to a new record high above $207. The stock has been rising since Tuesday when it reported better than expected results for the three months to June.

Apple beat Silicon Valley rivals such as Amazon and Microsoft to become the first to hit the $1 trillion valuation. Since the iPhone first went on sale in 2007, Apple shares have soared by 1,100% and have jumped almost a third in the past year.

The rise is even more astonishing - 50,000% - since the company first listed in 1980. That dwarfs the 2,000% increase for the S&P 500 over the same period.
Not surprised with all their loyal sheep, I'm no fool to getting ripped off.
Reply 2
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Apple has become the world's first public company to be worth $1 trillion

Meanwhile, in Cupertino:

I don't think it will keep growing by this rate anymore. The company has lost it's creativity and the only thing keeping them alive is the sheep
Original post by Grade A
I don't think it will keep growing by this rate anymore. The company has lost it's creativity and the only thing keeping them alive is the sheep

All they have to do is release a "new" iphone next year with a slightly faster cpu, change a few buttons and Bob's your uncle, another $40billion profit in sales :redface: Part of Apples success is from fanboism but getting people hooked on your products could be considered good marketing so credit where credit's due.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
All they have to do is release a "new" iphone next year with a slightly faster cpu, change a few buttons and Bob's your uncle, another $40billion profit in sales :redface: Part of Apples success is from fanboism but getting people hooked on your products could be considered good marketing so credit where credit's due.

I agree
I imagine they only had to sell about 10 products to get to that much, the amount they charge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending