The Student Room Group

Further Reading for Personal Statement

Hi.

I'm currently in year 12, and will be moving into year 13 come September.

Obviously at this time I'm preparing my personal statement. I'm applying to Politics and Sociology at mostly Russel Group Universities. I've chosen some books I'm interested in to read over summer for my personal statement.

Will these books be okay for my personal statement?

They are:
The Sociological Imagination by C Wright Mills

Politics and Society: An introduction to Political Sociology by Michael Rush

Prisoners of Geography:Ten Maps That Tell You Everything You Need To Know About Global Politics by Tim Marshall
Chill out and enjoy your summer 😂 I got an offer from Oxford for Law without mentioning a single book in my personal statement (mostly due to the fact I’ve not read any relevant books). They’re not a necessity in a personal statement
Reply 2
Original post by law411010
Chill out and enjoy your summer 😂 I got an offer from Oxford for Law without mentioning a single book in my personal statement (mostly due to the fact I’ve not read any relevant books). They’re not a necessity in a personal statement

I'm interested in the books at least, and I mainly want to do some further reading as I haven't studied sociology before so I wanted to show my interest in it 😅
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by law411010

So what did you put in your PS?

Original post by laurenai
I'm interested in the books at least, and I mainly want to do some further reading as I haven't studied sociology before so I wanted to show my interest in it 😅

Yes go for it. Reading is quite important and what admissions officers will be looking for. Read around the topics that will be taught which can be found in your course description.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending