The Student Room Group

Best Brow Pomades

We get a lot of questions asking about brow pomades, and as someone with barely any eyebrow I've spent a lot of time trying them out. It's important for a pomade to be easy to apply, to be well pigmented, and to come in a range of colours suitable for different hair colours and skin tones. With that said - here are my recommendations!

Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel
This pomade is the one I currently use, and have done for about 18 months. A pot lasts absolutely ages, it glides on really smoothly, and the pigmentation is excellent. It lasts all day as well!

L'oreal Paradise Pomade
A budget friendly version, this one comes in a range of shades with really nice undertones. No more green-ish blondes! It comes with a super precise brush built into the cap, and is nice and longwearing.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
This pomade comes in such a nice range of different colours that everyone should be able to find the perfect shade for them. It's long lasting, doesn't smudge, and is also a very pigmented option.

Benefit Ka-BROW!
This product comes with a brush which I find really handy, and offers a range of 8 colours. I really like this product because it's very easy to achieve a natural look, but you can also build it up for a more powerful and dramatic brow.

Kat Von D 24-hour Super Brow Pomade
This option boasts a shade range that doesn't just stick to natural. Alongside your regular colours, you'll also find ones like blue, pink, and even white! If you have coloured hair, this could be a great option for you. It lasts 24 hours, applies really well, and the pigmentation is some of the best.
I’ve used benefit and kat Von d.
Got really fed up of spending ages every morning putting them on so gave in and had them microbladed!
It hasn’t become maintenance free however. Still need plucking and tinting. I had them done slightly darker than my own.
Only problem now is after two years they’re fading and need doing again! 😝
Original post by Sammylou40
I’ve used benefit and kat Von d.
Got really fed up of spending ages every morning putting them on so gave in and had them microbladed!
It hasn’t become maintenance free however. Still need plucking and tinting. I had them done slightly darker than my own.
Only problem now is after two years they’re fading and need doing again! 😝

Oh cool! Are you gonna get them done again?
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Oh cool! Are you gonna get them done again?

Yes absolutely! Just need to save the pennies again and break my hubbys heart spending so much!!
Original post by Sammylou40
Yes absolutely! Just need to save the pennies again and break my hubbys heart spending so much!!

:laugh:

Worth it if it works for you though!

Quick Reply

Latest