The Student Room Group

Converting to Christianity from Islam

Hi everyone

I feel like islam isn't for me, and I want to convert to Christianity

Any tips, apps for bibles, or where I can buy one from from
Bible way to Heaven

https://youtu.be/nA7aKv13RaM

Get a King James Bible and your good to go. I recommend reading the Gospel of John first.😊
Thats great to hear, I wish you all the best.
As previously mentioned, the Bible is, of course, a great place to start. Being the word of the Lord Himself, it will answer any questions you may have and gives such an amazing insight into His blessings and His grace. Do not worry about which kind you buy, NIV, KJV - they all say essentially the same thing, just translated slightly differently. Different churches and different congregations will use different translations but it’s purely personal preference which one you ultimately decide to use. Personally, I use NIV as I find it uses enough modern English for me to understand it fully, but enough original language that you can get a feel for the original text, that’s just me though.

If there is something you don’t understand in the Bible or if there is a topic you would like to delve further into, the Bible by YouVersion is such an amazing app. It has the Bible in every different translation and version that you could possibly think of and it allows you to highlight and bookmark any scriptures that call out to you. The best thing about it is the plans - there is such a wide array of devotions on the app that you can subscribe to, meaning every day it will give you a scripture or scriptures and then a passage of text explaining the verses, exploring the Holy Spirit and gets you to ask questions and think of things you may not have thought of. There are many different plans designed just for new Christians and even better, the app is totally free.

Try and find a friend who is Christian - they will be able to walk you through any questions you may have. A great step up from this would be to join a Bible study and/or find a church and join their family praising our Lord. If this is a bit too much too soon (which I totally get) you could join a local Alpha course. This is a course run all over the UK over a few weeks (I can’t remember how many exactly, sorry) that is for people just discovering Jesus and is there to answer any questions you have, no matter how stupid you may think they are. You’ll be surrounded by people in the same position as you and there will be no pressure on you to join their Church or even keep coming back after a session, although you’ll be more than welcome if you keep coming.

If you want a little something extra too, have a go at listening to some modern Christian music - it might give you an idea of worshipping the Lord, how He speaks to us, and the way Christians can band together to create something almost as beautiful as Jesus himself. A couple of musicians who I adore and follow their music everywhere is Rend Collective and Hillsong Music and my current favourite song that I have on replay is What A Beautiful Name by Hillsong Worship. It has one of my favourite lyrics currently that really speaks to me: “My sin was great, your love was greater”

I hope this has been of some help to you! I am so, so pleased you have decided to start this journey and I promise you, you won't regret it. He has changed my life forever and I have become a much more happier, more grateful person because of Him. Of course, if you have any questions, I am here and am happy to answer anything. I wasn’t brought up completely Christian yet the Lord still found me and spoke to me; He never gave up on me though I gave up on Him many, many times :smile: xxx
(edited 5 years ago)
Look man, there are millions upon millions of Christians that all practise religion in their own way. Some go to church every Sunday. For some, God only exists when they need Him. You need to figure out how much of your time you will dedicate to God. I think you have made an important decision that should not however be judged.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending