Inzaxxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What stationery do I need for a level?? Like do I need to get loads of notebooks and lever arch folders etc...?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
You can get by with basically as much or as little as you want, depending on how organised you want to be. Some people turn up with a pad of paper and a pen, others have ring binders for each subject, colour coded notebooks and all sorts of different pens, pencils, rulers etc.

If it's anything like school you'll start out with pretty much the entire stock of Ryman and by the end of the year you'll have a chewed up biro and a chipped ruler.
Inzaxxx
Rep:
Hahaha!! Very true and thank you very much for your reply.
I just wish they would tell you everything in advance
KawaiiCupcake
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Inzaxxx)
What stationery do I need for a level?? Like do I need to get loads of notebooks and lever arch folders etc...?
I've gone shopping now, basically I've got:
Black Biro's (no blue cos they're useless for exams)
Colouring pencils, gel pens, felt tips (for organization and colour coding kinda stuff)
A regular ringbinder folder for each subject (except maths, cos I know I'll end up with loads of past papers - I'll upgrade the others to lever arches if I end up with that much stuff)
A day folder with dividers (cos some youtuber pointed out that you can't lug around all your separate folders through school, but you still need to keep stuff in order)
One exercise book for each subject (I'll stole them from my schools clear out day)
Glue stick, correction fluid, permanent marker, whole punch, stapler, paper clips, those paper tag things you put through hole punch holes
Maths set
Some fancy new calculator that my school recommended
Those head start cgp books (I haven't even opened them yet tbh I just want to feel like I'm prepared)
Plastic wallets
Printed out the specifications (again, haven't even looked at them I just got bored and thought I had to do something useful)
Pencil, sharpener, eraser
New school bag and a laptop - my brother is starting GCSEs so we can't share anymore, at least I got a new one he had to keep the old one
Pencil case
I think that's it
Also spare paper and coloured paper and leftover flash cards cos I overestimated how many I would need for GCSEs
Yh, that's it
Hope I helped!
Inzaxxx
Rep:
(Original post by KawaiiCupcake)
Black Biro's (no blue cos they're useless for exams)
Colouring pencils, gel pens, felt tips (for organization and colour coding kinda stuff)
A regular ringbinder folder for each subject (except maths, cos I know I'll end up with loads of past papers - I'll upgrade the others to lever arches if I end up with that much stuff)
A day folder with dividers (cos some youtuber pointed out that you can't lug around all your separate folders through school, but you still need to keep stuff in order)
One exercise book for each subject (I'll stole them from my schools clear out day)
Glue stick, correction fluid, permanent marker, whole punch, stapler, paper clips, those paper tag things you put through hole punch holes
Maths set
Some fancy new calculator that my school recommended
Those head start cgp books (I haven't even opened them yet tbh I just want to feel like I'm prepared)
Plastic wallets
Printed out the specifications (again, haven't even looked at them I just got bored and thought I had to do something useful)
Pencil, sharpener, eraser
New school bag and a laptop - my brother is starting GCSEs so we can't share anymore, at least I got a new one he had to keep the old one
Pencil case
I think that's it
Also spare paper and coloured paper and leftover flash cards cos I overestimated how many I would need for GCSEs
Yh, that's it
Hope I helped!
Wow!! Lots of shoppingggg haha!! That was very helpful thank you! And yes I overestimated how many I needed for gcse too!
sureofit
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I finished Y13 this year...

I ended up with:
8 fat lever arch files for geography (all full up)
4 FLAFs for French (filled)
3 FLAFs for History (stuffed to bursting)
5 thin ringbinders for holding coursework/research
An assortment of plastic envelope wallets
I used poly pockets for my folders, but you can just holepunch.

For general stationery, I used lined notepads, black pens, highlighters, paper flash cards, a calculator and sticky notes!

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (137)
66.18%
No (46)
22.22%
I didn't use it to prepare (24)
11.59%

Watched Threads