The Student Room Group

Should you look at the grade boundaries before looking at your results?

I think in a way it may help me to prepare myself for the results and they only come out 30 minutes before I can collect mine anyway. However, I don't know if it would make things more stressful. I feel like there are some subjects that I wouldn't like to look at. What would you recommend?
Original post by Liv2109
I think in a way it may help me to prepare myself for the results and they only come out 30 minutes before I can collect mine anyway. However, I don't know if it would make things more stressful. I feel like there are some subjects that I wouldn't like to look at. What would you recommend?

Do it, dont do it, up to you. Makes you feel better then do it. I think its pointless though. You are marked against the same standard as everyone else.
At this point i would be avoiding whipping myself into a frenzy. and focus on being in a mindset of what happens if things dont go so well.
I'm not going to check them. I don't see what good it will bring. If the grade boundaries are high, it is going to make me panic and be more stressed. However, at the same time, if the grade boundaries are low, I'm not going to think great! I'm not going to want to bank on anything and be worried that I'll be going in over confident.
There's no point, because you still don't know what you'd got. Just look at your results first.
Yes because it will help you lower or raise ur expectations e.g 90% for a B, you know you probably got 80% so you likely got a C
If you look At it before you can then see how far off you were to the next grade and so you could ask for a remark faster
Reply 6
With the people I know someone always has to send me leaked grade boundaries lol so I can't not look at them. I don't see what's wrong with looking at grade boundaries. Just gives you an idea. No need to let it stress you out.
Maybe have them open so if you're a few marks off the next grade you can go for a remark before everyone else comes to their senses

Quick Reply

Latest