The Student Room Group

Would you date/marry outside of your race?

Would you be open to it? Would your family accept it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multitalented me

Yes and yes. Race is irrelevant when falling in love. You fall in love with the person, not the body.
Already have done, I'm white British and my wife is Chinese. My family is perfectly accepting, my wifes on the other hand...
'sort of' I have always stuck to my own ethnic group, but it's never been a rule, the issue has simply never came up. *shrug*

Wouldn't care what my family thought, some are open minded, some are...less so, and already banished in my eyes.
Reply 4
Probably draw a line at the human race, but fairly flexible otherwise.
Original post by Multitalented me

Already have done, I'm British and my girlfriend is Norwegian. My family don't seem to mind :smile:
Well I've yet to see a black girl with naturally ginger hair so I don't really have a choice but to marry outside my race 🤷🏾*♂️
I would. I have before and it's not an issue for me. But saying that, it can be difficult to date someone of a different culture.
Reply 8
I already am.

Race isn't important to me.

Family think it's a big deal, especially in Asian cultures but I don't really care what they think.
I'm only attracted to black boys, besides, my family would never tolerate it.
My family wouldn't like it one bit, but I'm very open to it.
Yes.
tbh i wouldn't marry outwith my uni ranking ?

:dontknow:
Original post by the bear
tbh i wouldn't marry outwith my uni ranking ?

:dontknow:

:rofl:

I know it would be only Twelves. :sad: But might you accept an Elevener on a good day? :innocent:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
:rofl:

I know it would be only Twelves. :sad: But might you accept an Elevener on a good day? :innocent:

http://heykeepcalm.com/wp-content/uploads/dream-on.jpg
Original post by alexschmalex
Well I've yet to see a black girl with naturally ginger hair so I don't really have a choice but to marry outside my race 🤷🏾*♂️

You and gingers 😂
Reply 16
Original post by Salostar
Already have done, I'm white British and my wife is Chinese. My family is perfectly accepting, my wifes on the other hand...

east asian people generally love white people. They idolise you so much that the whole anime/manga thing is almost entirely comprised of white people and hardly any other race.

statistics show that east asian females tend to prefer white men over east asian men

very strange that her family is against it.

maybe it's you?
I don't think so. but it could happen.

my mum would be absolutely against it. she thinks interracial marriage is a sin.🤦
(edited 5 years ago)
I would but I know my family wouldn't accept it. My cousin married a chinese man and got disowned
Original post by alexschmalex

I've seen a black boy with naturally ginger hair. He's nigerian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending