The Student Room Group

Friend dilemma

It's been a few days since me and one of my closest friend on a rocky relationship. We do still text each other (to argue) but sometimes I feel that things is not going to be anywhere unless we actually compromise with each other. Not to mentioned, this awesome friend of mine is a guy, can't seem to understand him nowadays. He ask me whether if i want to leave him or not, I should tell him first. I'm trying to work things out but he's just i don't know, no effort what so ever. He even ignore me in the face when I was trying to say hi to him, saying i didnt even bother to try fix this. I ask few of my friends on it (which were all girls), they say to ignore him and forget him. It sounds easy but hell no, you can't just ditch your own friend like that. So now, i'm still rethinking of our status and hoping for the best.

We know each other for almost 2 years now and through the first few months, i know that he's not an ordinary guy friend. People don't believe that we have a special type of friendship, some thinks i'm trying to replace his girlfriend(though she's pretty and i'm not, sad life)

So please help me on this especially the guys point of view, or anyone having an opposite best friend or something like that. Thank you.
If you think he's important to you then i suggest you shouldn't ignore him, things will work, take time. I hope you and him will be like you guys before!
Original post by Nabelle
It's been a few days since me and one of my closest friend on a rocky relationship. We do still text each other (to argue) but sometimes I feel that things is not going to be anywhere unless we actually compromise with each other. Not to mentioned, this awesome friend of mine is a guy, can't seem to understand him nowadays. He ask me whether if i want to leave him or not, I should tell him first. I'm trying to work things out but he's just i don't know, no effort what so ever. He even ignore me in the face when I was trying to say hi to him, saying i didnt even bother to try fix this. I ask few of my friends on it (which were all girls), they say to ignore him and forget him. It sounds easy but hell no, you can't just ditch your own friend like that. So now, i'm still rethinking of our status and hoping for the best.

We know each other for almost 2 years now and through the first few months, i know that he's not an ordinary guy friend. People don't believe that we have a special type of friendship, some thinks i'm trying to replace his girlfriend(though she's pretty and i'm not, sad life)

So please help me on this especially the guys point of view, or anyone having an opposite best friend or something like that. Thank you.

If he won't even talk to you in person then I would just give him space. Stop replying to texts and stop texting him, don't see him etc. Let him work through whatever he needs to and when he's ready to talk maturely then you can.

Quick Reply