The Student Room Group

PAT score reapplicant

As a reapplicant am I expected to score higher on the PAT/NSAA? I just did a PAT paper and got 66% - this is above the threshold but I feel a lot of it was kind of basic year 13 maths/further maths content - am I expected to get higher due to this?
Depends what you mean by expected. You’ll get an interview as long as you get above the threshold mark, but a higher score will definitely count in your favour like it would for any other applicant. The average for a successful applicant is significantly higher than the average for interviewed applicants.
Having looked at the Cambridge website, they say that they expect a higher score which reflects the increased amount of practice and whatnot.
Reply 3
Original post by alevelphysicist
Depends what you mean by expected. You’ll get an interview as long as you get above the threshold mark, but a higher score will definitely count in your favour like it would for any other applicant. The average for a successful applicant is significantly higher than the average for interviewed applicants.

thanks - so most succesful applicants are getting high 50's/60's right? also do you think its gotten harder? (I got 66 in the 2006 paper but I don't want to try a recent one just yet) - do you think ill find new ones alot harder?
Original post by yusyus
thanks - so most succesful applicants are getting high 50's/60's right? also do you think its gotten harder? (I got 66 in the 2006 paper but I don't want to try a recent one just yet) - do you think ill find new ones alot harder?

Yes definitely, the pass mark fluctuates a lot too. I got 71% on one and thought I did really well only to find out just scraped pass mark XD.
Original post by yusyus

The pass mark and the average of the successful applicant depends on the year. Try to aim for like 10 marks above each years pass mark. Last year’s paper and 2012 were the hardest papers comfortably.

Also, calculators are allowed for the first time for the 2018 paper so the questions will probably be harder this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending