How to revise for AQA A-level Geography

Watch this thread
theoneandonylndy
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,

I am currently studying AQA A-level geography and I am about to go into year 13. At the end of my unofficial year 12 mock, I achieved a grade D, a couple of marks away from a C.

I want to target at least a C, preferably a B. I feel like this is achievable.

As of now, the way I revise is to revise everything out of my textbook (including case studies). I feel this isn't the best way to revise.

Could you help me and tell me what the best way to revise is for A-level AQA geography?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
iViiRaLz
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by theoneandonylndy)
Hi guys,

I am currently studying AQA A-level geography and I am about to go into year 13. At the end of my unofficial year 12 mock, I achieved a grade D, a couple of marks away from a C.

I want to target at least a C, preferably a B. I feel like this is achievable.

As of now, the way I revise is to revise everything out of my textbook (including case studies). I feel this isn't the best way to revise.

Could you help me and tell me what the best way to revise is for A-level AQA geography?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
I'm in the exact same situation as you but I'm trynna go for an A or a B next year :/
imannaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
hi,im in y12 about to go into y13 too! I got a C in my internal exams at the end of y12, but admittedly I could've worked a lot harder. I used the same resources as my classmates, some of which achieved A grades that just shows that if id have put in more work that I could've possibly done better. Throughout the year, we have compiled our own case studies and we then use these to revise from for our exams. I find that using classwork to revise from is good after looking at the textbook as an extra after you've made sure you've covered all of the basics.Hope this helped!
Oldl
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
As a year 13 leaver about to go to uni to study Geography, who also took this spec, you need to look at the papers AQA have provided. The papers are laid out the same every year so you need to learn in detail how to answer each type of question in detail. Also make sure your NEA is as high quality as you can get it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (257)
42.83%
The paper was reasonable (250)
41.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (52)
8.67%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
6.83%

Watched Threads