Natz1700
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

I'm planning on applying to different universities in Scotland, where I am, to do psychology in 2019. Has anyone got any tips on writing an effective UCAS personal statement?
I've finished level 1 with Open University last year, but took a gap year out to take care of my health. After thinking about it, I don't want to go back to OU (for a variety of reasons) and want to go to bricks and mortar University.
I was also wondering what people's experiences are of these universities that I'm planning to apply for:
Edinburgh Napier University
Heriot-Watt University
University of Edinburgh
University of Glasgow
University of Strathclyde
Glasgow Caledonian University
Queen Margaret University
University of Stirling

A few of them are still to get back to my in regards to me using my Certificate of Higher Education that I've gained through the OU to apply for courses.

Also, I wonder if anyone would be willing to give me some tips as to settling into student life. At OU, the contact between students and with tutors was quite minimal, so I guess I have a little of anxiety, but also excitement, about being around large groups of people.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Natz1700)
Hi all,

I'm planning on applying to different universities in Scotland, where I am, to do psychology in 2019. Has anyone got any tips on writing an effective UCAS personal statement?
I've finished level 1 with Open University last year, but took a gap year out to take care of my health. After thinking about it, I don't want to go back to OU (for a variety of reasons) and want to go to bricks and mortar University.
I was also wondering what people's experiences are of these universities that I'm planning to apply for:
Edinburgh Napier University
Heriot-Watt University
University of Edinburgh
University of Glasgow
University of Strathclyde
Glasgow Caledonian University
Queen Margaret University
University of Stirling

A few of them are still to get back to my in regards to me using my Certificate of Higher Education that I've gained through the OU to apply for courses.

Also, I wonder if anyone would be willing to give me some tips as to settling into student life. At OU, the contact between students and with tutors was quite minimal, so I guess I have a little of anxiety, but also excitement, about being around large groups of people.
Loads of PS help tips on TSR which you can find through links in my signature below.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (46)
27.22%
No (123)
72.78%

Watched Threads