List of things you can do when you're 18 (in the UK)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Obviously you can buy drinks, vote, but what else? I'm sure there's so much but only those 2 come to mind for some reason

ReputationRep:
    Gamble

ReputationRep:
    Not 18, but at 16 you can leagally buy and sell scrap metal i think. i had an assembly on it at high school lol.

ReputationRep:
    Buy cigarettes
    Join the armed forces without parental permission
    Marry without parental permission
    Move out without parental permission
    Run for election

I'm sure there's more.

ReputationRep:
    Buy swords :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Buy ****, make your own decisions in terms of criminal justice action (no parental consent needed)

ReputationRep:
    Drive

ReputationRep:
    Be a paedophile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andiroo)
    Drive
    you can drive when you're 17.

ReputationRep:
    Get battered legally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkyitfc18)
    Not 18, but at 16 you can leagally buy and sell scrap metal i think. i had an assembly on it at high school lol.
    we once had a school assembly (last year) about selling poo. and yes, i mean human poo. you should of seen the headteacher grinning like a loon behind the speaker

on topic though:
    buy sharp objects from shops without perental permission
    get a mortgage
    get a job working behind a bar

buy aerosoles and solvents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    we once had a school assembly (last year) about selling poo. and yes, i mean human poo. you should of seen the headteacher grinning like a loon behind the speaker

on topic though:
    buy sharp objects from shops without perental permission

what?! selling poo..........?? :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Go to prison

ReputationRep:
    Make a will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yello)
    what?! selling poo..........?? :confused: :eek:
    yeah apparently some guy made millions selling "human waste" to cleaning companies and other places. he'd buy it from some randomer that owned a 'poo-factory' (one of those sewage plants) and then sold it onto other places. can't remember the full ins and outs of it.

ReputationRep:
    we've had this before.

Gamble

ReputationRep:
    Buy all shares, not just scottish companies.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to be 18 to buy a penknife? My dad bought one for me when I was about 13... it was a really good one as well, but I've lost it. Will I get ID'd if I try to buy a new one?

Just so I don't annoy people by not contributing to the thread - in France you can get a part-time job when you're 18. Until then, you're not allowed.

Ohhh random Cheerios craving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not Invented Yet)
    Do you have to be 18 to buy a penknife? My dad bought one for me when I was about 13... it was a really good one as well, but I've lost it. Will I get ID'd if I try to buy a new one?

Just so I don't annoy people by not contributing to the thread - in France you can get a part-time job when you're 18. Until then, you're not allowed.

Ohhh random Cheerios craving.
    i don't think you do. i vaguely remember going on a brownies ( ) trip when i was little, and i'm sure other brownies were buying penknives. and we must have only been 7/8

edit: i'm not sure if that was legal though

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.