The Student Room Group

MOOC Courses and interviews

If I get an interview from one of the universities I have applied to, especially if they are the ones who made this specific MOOC Course, will they ask me in-depth questions about it, I am doing this course out of interest in the subject (Dentistry) and I am worried that they may ask a question that was on the course and I won't be able to give them the answer. Could anyone who has done a MOOC Course and also gotten interviews get back to me. Thanks
Original post by Georgey64
If I get an interview from one of the universities I have applied to, especially if they are the ones who made this specific MOOC Course, will they ask me in-depth questions about it, I am doing this course out of interest in the subject (Dentistry) and I am worried that they may ask a question that was on the course and I won't be able to give them the answer. Could anyone who has done a MOOC Course and also gotten interviews get back to me. Thanks

They won't ask in-depth questions. Interview time is limited and they want to find out what you are like as a person and whether you have the ability to succeed on this particular degree. They have no interest in quizzing you on a course you've already taken, but they may ask things like which parts you found most interesting, what you thought of the learning style etc.

If you have actually taken the course then surely you shouldn't be worried about answering simple questions about it?
Original post by Charlotte's Web
They won't ask in-depth questions. Interview time is limited and they want to find out what you are like as a person and whether you have the ability to succeed on this particular degree. They have no interest in quizzing you on a course you've already taken, but they may ask things like which parts you found most interesting, what you thought of the learning style etc.

If you have actually taken the course then surely you shouldn't be worried about answering simple questions about it?

This course goes in a lot of detail about teeth, I am not worried about being asked about the course but was more worried that they would judge my entire application based on a question that was in the course that I can no longer remember
Original post by Georgey64
This course goes in a lot of detail about teeth, I am not worried about being asked about the course but was more worried that they would judge my entire application based on a question that was in the course that I can no longer remember

As I said previously, they are not going to be asking any detailed questions. They know if you did the course it was likely a long time ago, and don't have time to be assessing your knowledge of teeth - you're applying to the degree to develop your knowledge. You don't do the MOOC to absorb every minute detail about the teeth, you do it to demonstrate that you can cope with university-level learning and to demonstrate interest in their institution and course.
Alrighty, thanks very much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending