The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Unconditional offer

Hi,
I was wondering how rare it is to receive an unconditional offer to UEA, i'm hoping to study geography and want to know if UEA do unconditional offers or not?
Reply 1
Original post by supergirl12345
Hi,
I was wondering how rare it is to receive an unconditional offer to UEA, i'm hoping to study geography and want to know if UEA do unconditional offers or not?

Apply to universities with courses you are interested in, not because they make unconditional offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by supergirl12345
Hi,

UEA do unconditional offers, but don't rely on it! Choose a course and university you want to go to, rather than choosing based on if you can get an unconditional!
Reply 3
Original post by sj10
UEA do unconditional offers, but don't rely on it!

Not normally to students who haven't completed their qualifications. UEA's "unconditional if firm" offers are vanishingly rare for most applicants.

Edit: updated to reflect info below from UEA

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
Not to students who haven't completed their qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received an unconditional offer to UEA before finishing my A-levels, and I know other people did as well. It does happen
Hello there,

We do give unconditional offers. You can read more about that here on our interviews and offers page: https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/interviews-offers

Good luck! :smile:
Heidi
Reply 6
Original post by University of East Anglia
We do give unconditional offers. You can read more about that here on our interviews and offers page: https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/interviews-offers

I have seen an FOI response from UEA which states the university gave just 3 unconditionals to 18 year old applicants from England, Wales or N Ireland in 2017/18, as opposed to 8,311 conditional offers.

Would you agree that UEA unconditionals are very rare unless an applicant has already achieved the offer requirements?
Original post by Doonesbury
I have seen an FOI response from UEA which states the university gave just 3 unconditionals to 18 year old applicants from England, Wales or N Ireland in 2017/18, as opposed to 8,311 conditional offers.

Would you agree that UEA unconditionals are very rare unless an applicant has already achieved the offer requirements?

We do make unconditional upgrade offers when we will make a conditional offer ‘unconditional’ if the student confirms UEA as their Firm choice on UCAS. All Schools of study set their own selective guidance and each application is considered on a case by case basis.

We look at the whole application when making these offers to students who we feel will thrive at UEA. Not all courses are included in the scheme, but those that are making unconditional upgrade offers would look at previous academic achievements, references and the personal statement when making their selection. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by University of East Anglia
We do make unconditional upgrade offers when we will make a conditional offer ‘unconditional’ if the student confirms UEA as their Firm choice on UCAS. All Schools of study set their own selective guidance and each application is considered on a case by case basis.

We look at the whole application when making these offers to students who we feel will thrive at UEA. Not all courses are included in the scheme, but those that are making unconditional upgrade offers would look at previous academic achievements, references and the personal statement when making their selection. :smile:

Ok. I've amended my earlier post. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending