The Student Room Group

Working Holiday Visa is Insufficient?

Hi,

I am applying for student finance and have been abroad periodically. I submitted my evidence in late June and it was assessed yesterday.

In the past year I have been in Japan on a Working Holiday Visa that shows my date of entry as November 08th and the maximum duration of stay for 1 year. However, today I was told that they needed more evidence to show that my stay in Japan is temporary.

I am confused as the Working Holiday visa is a visa that only permits stays of 1 year from the date of entry, so I didn't understand why it did not qualify me as a temporary visitor in Japan.

I do not have employment contracts in Japan that states these dates. However I can send an itinerary of my flight ticket to show that I will be return to the UK before 1st September.

Can I please understand why the temporary visa was not accepted by SFE processors? Will the flight ticket receipt be sufficient to prove that I am returning?
Original post by JCYL
Hi,

I am applying for student finance and have been abroad periodically. I submitted my evidence in late June and it was assessed yesterday.

In the past year I have been in Japan on a Working Holiday Visa that shows my date of entry as November 08th and the maximum duration of stay for 1 year. However, today I was told that they needed more evidence to show that my stay in Japan is temporary.

I am confused as the Working Holiday visa is a visa that only permits stays of 1 year from the date of entry, so I didn't understand why it did not qualify me as a temporary visitor in Japan.

I do not have employment contracts in Japan that states these dates. However I can send an itinerary of my flight ticket to show that I will be return to the UK before 1st September.

Can I please understand why the temporary visa was not accepted by SFE processors? Will the flight ticket receipt be sufficient to prove that I am returning?

Hi

In order for us to assist with your enquiry, the best way forward would be to contact us directly via Facebook or telephone to allow us to verify you and access your account.

Thanks
Gerard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending