Need Help in Contract Law and Tort Law

Watch
MAliAlam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey,
I am sitting for Contract law and Tort Law CIE A-levels this winter.
Any advice on how I can score well?
Are there any topics I can skip?

Any advice and help will be most appreciated!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Rezwan_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Woah you got no reply. I think that might be because a lot of the people I see on TSR do A level Law with AQA. For CIE are you not able to get access to papers and other materials from past years? What about the exam specification which contains everything that can appear on the exams?
BR260799
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've just finished my first year of university studying contract - i can't advise on tort as i do that topic next year.

I think the biggest mistake people make and what my tutor always tells me is to treat contract as just one topic. Way too many people try to disect a whole years worth of notes into topics like Agreement, consideration, defences, remedies, terms, discharge and misrepresentation and defences. If you answer say a scenario question in the former way (treating it as a whole) then you can't go wrong. In contract i always followed this when answering scenario questions, obviously you may have to adjust this depending how the questions are set.

Is there offer and acceptance?
Is there sufficient consideration?
Was there a breach of terms of the contract (Express/Implied discussion) or was there a misrepresentation?
Are any remedies available?
Are there any defences (Promissory estoppel, duress, undue influence)
Other issues? (Void/Voidable contracts and Discharge of obligations).

I can't comment on tort law because i'm only doing it this year for my first time.

But on any topic in law. The best way to succeed is to find a structure to writing your responses. In scenarios state the relevant law, apply it to the facts, work your way through methodically, evaluate the evidence and conclude. In essay based responses become critical, by analysing the topic area and then evaluating it using your few and evidence.
MAliAlam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Many Thanks all of you. Appreciate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (5)
13.89%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (10)
27.78%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
8.33%
No, I haven't received any communication (18)
50%

Watched Threads