The Student Room Group

Starting college soon.

Getting nervous for college which starts in 4weeks time and my social anxiety will be sky high. Ugh...😢😢
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey I'm starting college aswell , why you so nervous?
Just meeting new people gets me nervous and I find it hard to start a convo due to my social anxiety, I’m scared in case I get judged or bullied
Original post by Yeahitslauren
Just meeting new people gets me nervous and I find it hard to start a convo due to my social anxiety, I’m scared in case I get judged or bullied

Judging and bullying is pretty rare in college, compared to school anyway. Most if not all people naturally get along with each other without a care in the world about what they look like, or what clothes they wear, or what phone they have.

School's full of kids and immaturity, college's full of people who actually want to do something with their lives.
(edited 5 years ago)
True 😊😊
Original post by Yeahitslauren

Everyone is in the same boat - especially if it's a college and not a new 6th form for you.
I'd like to think that bullying is less common in college, but be sure to know that you can reach out to people if you need help! 😊
Hey, I know it’s easy to say and not so easy to believe but I’ve just finished college at the end of year 13 and I can honestly say that those two years at college have been the best of my entire life so far! I was a mess during the year 11 summer holidays worrying about starting college and I was nervous about the workload and new teachers and friends and the pressure, and although I won’t lie to you and say that it’ll all be fine, I can say that I’ve never had so many good moments in education before than what I had in college. I wish I could go back and do it all again. I really hope you feel the same someday.
I, hopefully, have university in a month or so. Good luck to all.
Even at 6th form I remember people care if you were wearing dress or skirt or what phone I had. So long as I turned up every day and got work it didn’t matter. So I think University will be the same, so long as you get that work done on time and you don’t turn up drunk/high or keep yourself safe in terms having sex it should be okay.
When does 6th form college usually start?

Quick Reply

Latest