StaleCereal
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm starting sixth form in September and I will be taking Biology, Chemistry and Spanish. I have been looking around for (faux) leather tote bags that will be large enough to carry folders and books; I am unsure if backpacks would be better though.
Dobby's Phoenix
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A big one
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you can get a large tote bag you'll be fine. I actually prefer them over backpacks because it is easier to get your stuff in and out of them quickly.
frostfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd suggest a backpack, almost everyone in my sixth form wears them. You probably think totes are more stylish but all your books and folders would hurt your shoulder after a while.
StaleCereal
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Mystelle)
I'd suggest a backpack, almost everyone in my sixth form wears them. You probably think totes are more stylish but all your books and folders would hurt your shoulder after a while.
I was considering getting a hype backpack since they're way cheaper than totes but I don't know how much stuff can fit in it.
Kian Stevens
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why on Earth would you want to carry a heavy handbag around, which probably won't fit all your stuff in anyway? Literally nobody took a handbag to my college, everyone took a backpack instead.

You're better off just getting a backpack; they're practical, have enough room for everything, and you can comfortably carry things around.

Seriously, don't prioritise style at college - it's what's in the bag that counts, not what the bag looks like.
username3331778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kian Stevens)
Why on Earth would you want to carry a heavy handbag around, which probably won't fit all your stuff in anyway? Literally nobody took a backpack to my college, everyone took a backpack instead.

You're better off just getting a backpack; they're practical, have enough room for everything, and you can easily and comfortably carry things around.

Seriously, don't prioritise style - it's what's in the bag that counts, not what the bag looks like.
please correct this post i thought i was having a stroke reading it
Kian Stevens
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by yolkie)
please correct this post i thought i was having a stroke reading it
Sorry, I was quickly typing it.
frostfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by StaleCereal)
I was considering getting a hype backpack since they're way cheaper than totes but I don't know how much stuff can fit in it.
That's the one I used when I was at sixth form. It's light, durable and the size is perfect. You'll be able to fit plenty in.
heartinablender
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the most important thing is to get something durable. you'll have folders for bio and chem, and they can get pretty heavy in my experience.

a backpack is also much better for you physically, as it'll give you an even weight distribution over both shoulders. remember - you'll be carrying this heavy bag on you 5 days a week for 2 years, so it will take its toll. getting a handbag/totebag has the risk of your posture becoming lopsided, which is pretty hard and expensive to fix later on in life.

anyway. something well-made and preferably a back pack, and LARGE. if it can't carry a slightly-larger-than-a4 sized folder in it, then it'll be useless and you'll end up carrying around a bag AND extra folders. saying this from experience.
amberleigh2699
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Backpack!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (717)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.57%

Watched Threads