The Student Room Group

Official Chemistry applicants thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
to those who have an offer from ucl, did you all apply for just chem or for any combined courses? (e.g chemistry with maths)
Reply 141
I applied for MSci Med chem. UCL required IB 38 (18 HL)
Original post by troian
to those who have an offer from ucl, did you all apply for just chem or for any combined courses? (e.g chemistry with maths)
Hi All,

We just wanted to say that for those of you that have already started your Chemistry (and other exams) we hope they have gone well and good luck for the remaining papers!

All the best,

Gareth
Royal Society of Chemistry
University choices: UCL (Firm), Southampton, Nottingham (Insurance), York and Oxford (rejected)

What subject(s) are currently studying?: Chemistry, Biology, History

Mock grades/ AS grades: AAA , A in AS maths

Predicted A2 grades: A*A A*

GCSE grades: 9(Maths) 88(English lang+Lit), A*A*A*(Triple Science), A*A(History+Geog), A*(RE), A(ICT), A(French)

Extracurriculars ect.: Flute and Piano, Orchestra.

Applying for any other courses too (a mixture of courses?): Nope just Chemistry
😥 Think I've just failed my second year physical chemistry final, worst exam of my life
Original post by Royal Society of Chemistry
Hi All,

We just wanted to say that for those of you that have already started your Chemistry (and other exams) we hope they have gone well and good luck for the remaining papers!

All the best,

Gareth
I’m considering to firm Surrey as my first choice. :smile: BBB Conditional.
Does anyone have any idea how many contact hours there are for chemistry? Hopefully got a place at Nottingham next year and just wondering what it would be like
I think it’s usually 25 contact hours per week.
Original post by miss-who
Does anyone have any idea how many contact hours there are for chemistry? Hopefully got a place at Nottingham next year and just wondering what it would be like
Good morning all,

Congratulations to all of you who have received your results today or in the recent Scottish/Irish results. We hope you have been successful in getting your chosen place studying Chemistry. We are delighted to have you join the chemical science community and look forward to supporting you as you begin your degrees in the new term.

If there is any help or guidance you need in the meantime, don't hesitate to message us and we will be happy to help.

All the best,

Gareth
Reply 149
University Choices : Oxford (St. Hugh’s), Durham, UCL, King’s, Liverpool

Subjects studying : Physics, Chemistry, Math
AS grades : AAAB(used to do biology) (B was for physics)

Predicted A2 grades : A*A*A

GCSE grades : 5A*1A1B

Extracurricular : football, netball, piano, violin

Other courses : n/a
Original post by miss-who

Hi there :hi:
I'm a 3rd year chemistry student at the University of Southampton!

In my first year I had 17 hours of contact hours.
For me this included: tutorials (3 every fortnight), lab sessions in the afternoon (12-6pm) and workshops as well as lectures.

In my second year it went up to 23 hours a week. This is because labs turn to being an entire day (9am - 6pm)!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask :smile:
Cheese

Original post by NJazA
University Choices : Oxford (St. Hugh’s), Durham, UCL, King’s, Liverpool

Subjects studying : Physics, Chemistry, Math
AS grades : AAAB(used to do biology) (B was for physics)

Predicted A2 grades : A*A*A

GCSE grades : 5A*1A1B

Extracurricular : football, netball, piano, violin

Other courses : n/a

Hi there! All the best of luck with your application :woo:
See above for incase you have any questions about a chemistry degree!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending