The Student Room Group

Need some help/advice

So i don't know whether or not this the place to post this but i need some quick advice on my options. To keep it nice and short, i was removed from my university program this year (doing a foundation course) for failing most of my exams. I had personal issues going on at home and i couldn't really pass the exams, I appealed to the university but they said their decision was final. I'm only still 19.Currently i'm wondering what my options are, i want to continue going to university next year and I'm still exploring what career path i want and if still want to keep doing engineering. I don't know whether or not its too late to apply to universities now since its August now or if am able to get into courses through clearing. I still have my A-levels which i achieved good grades at. I know this isn't the best space to find information and i will be consulting with different Unis/my current Uni next week but i just wanted some rough ideas on what will happen and if i can apply to the other courses. Thanks.
Original post by Abdiwahab
So i don't know whether or not this the place to post this but i need some quick advice on my options. To keep it nice and short, i was removed from my university program this year (doing a foundation course) for failing most of my exams. I had personal issues going on at home and i couldn't really pass the exams, I appealed to the university but they said their decision was final. I'm only still 19.Currently i'm wondering what my options are, i want to continue going to university next year and I'm still exploring what career path i want and if still want to keep doing engineering. I don't know whether or not its too late to apply to universities now since its August now or if am able to get into courses through clearing. I still have my A-levels which i achieved good grades at. I know this isn't the best space to find information and i will be consulting with different Unis/my current Uni next week but i just wanted some rough ideas on what will happen and if i can apply to the other courses. Thanks.
It's too late to apply through UCAS Extra but yes you can apply to other courses, through clearing, but you will have to pay the full UCAS application fee and register in UCAS. Since you failed first year of university you likely won't be successful if you're trying to do second-year entry. So you'll probably have to start your degree again somewhere else as long as you're happy to do so.

There isn't yet the option to add a clearing choice on UCAS as it's frozen at the moment, ahead of Scottish Results day.

The university you've just left ought to not have you registered as a student for next year (which by the sounds of it, they haven't, but might be worth checking). As you don't want to be getting complications during clearing if the system says you're still in one university. I'm mainly saying this because you've said you'll be consulting with your university in the coming week.

I hope your personal issues are better though!:heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending