The Student Room Group

Alevel / GCSE results day 2018

Hi
I’m currently in year 13 waiting for results day in just a few weeks. I’m so nervous. I was just wondering how everyone else is feeling about it?

Scroll to see replies

I’m fine. I mean come on, it’s not as though the entire worth of 13 years of my education comes down to a single moment, which I can’t now control or influence at all, and which will be the sole determinator of a huge amount in my life and career, deciding which university I go to, how much faith I can have in my own ability and further to a great extent what job I will do and how happy I will be with it in the future - is it?
Not great, worrying if I’ve missed my offer. Trying to be realistic, and remember worrying changes nothing.

You?:smile:
In year 11 awaiting my GCSE Results and I’m so damn nervous. 😂 I wish you best of luck in your exam results, and I hope you get your collage offers 🤞
I just wanna get into uni man is that too much to ask
Reply 5
Original post by TheTree0fDeath
I’m fine. I mean come on, it’s not as though the entire worth of 13 years of my education comes down to a single moment, which I can’t now control or influence at all, and which will be the sole determinator of a huge amount in my life and career, deciding which university I go to, how much faith I can have in my own ability and further to a great extent what job I will do and how happy I will be with it in the future - is it?

Aha this made me laugh and cry because it’s so true I hate it
Reply 6
Original post by sureofit
Not great, worrying if I’ve missed my offer. Trying to be realistic, and remember worrying changes nothing.

You?:smile:

Ahh I feel the same. I try to stop thinking about it but I just can’t. Everyone keeps saying that “worrying changes nothing” and like I know that but I still can’t stop worrying!
Reply 7
Original post by 13KJohnson13
In year 11 awaiting my GCSE Results and I’m so damn nervous. 😂 I wish you best of luck in your exam results, and I hope you get your collage offers 🤞

Ahhh good luck to you too!! Plus you’ve got an extra week to wait than us, oh god. What are you plans for next year? 😀
Original post by sbrc2148
Ahh I feel the same. I try to stop thinking about it but I just can’t. Everyone keeps saying that “worrying changes nothing” and like I know that but I still can’t stop worrying!

It doesn’t help that I can’t remember the questions, so I’m doubting how I did! I did French, History and Geography? How about you?

Hope the grade boundaries are low/fair! :smile:
Reply 9
It doesn’t help that I can’t remember the questions, so I’m doubting how I did! I did French, History and Geography? How about you?

Hope the grade boundaries are low/fair! :smile:

Same, I feel like the exams as a whole weren’t too bad but when I think back to it I start doubting everything and gah it’s a mess. Oh well. I did Spanish, English language and Psychology.
How did you find French? I honestly did so bad at Spanish I gave up like halfway through the year I was so bad.
Ahhh good luck to you too!! Plus you’ve got an extra week to wait than us, oh god. What are you plans for next year? 😀

Thank you! I know this extra week is going to actually kill me! So nervous. I hope to go on to do A Levels in Geography, Accountancy, Econocmics and Buisness, and then do maths on the side as my preferred collage offers maths with geography as a side half course!
Same, I feel like the exams as a whole weren’t too bad but when I think back to it I start doubting everything and gah it’s a mess. Oh well. I did Spanish, English language and Psychology.
How did you find French? I honestly did so bad at Spanish I gave up like halfway through the year I was so bad.

French was probably my trickiest exam tbh. I thought my speaking stimulus was good and I liked my IRP but sometimes I make stupid grammar mistakes because of panicking, so hoping I didn’t make too many! The papers were okay, but again just worrying about grammar and explanation!

Think if any subject will stop me meeting my offer it’s French... but don’t want to jinx it!
Everyday before the results day is hell.
Reply 13
Thank you! I know this extra week is going to actually kill me! So nervous. I hope to go on to do A Levels in Geography, Accountancy, Econocmics and Buisness, and then do maths on the side as my preferred collage offers maths with geography as a side half course!

Oh wow that sounds interesting!! Good luck with those I hope you do well! I absolutely loved my last 2 years at college, I wish I could go back and do it all again. I hope you love it even half as much as I did!
Oh wow that sounds interesting!! Good luck with those I hope you do well! I absolutely loved my last 2 years at college, I wish I could go back and do it all again. I hope you love it even half as much as I did!

Thank you! I hope so too. The environment seems so different to high school! What’s your plan now?
Reply 15
French was probably my trickiest exam tbh. I thought my speaking stimulus was good and I liked my IRP but sometimes I make stupid grammar mistakes because of panicking, so hoping I didn’t make too many! The papers were okay, but again just worrying about grammar and explanation!

Think if any subject will stop me meeting my offer it’s French... but don’t want to jinx it!

Oh no, that’s so annoying!! The speaking parts were definitely my downfall too to be fair. I feel like it’s hard with the pressure of the exams to remember everything with correct pronunciation and grammar etc. Oh well, I have faith that we’ve both done great!
Oh no, that’s so annoying!! The speaking parts were definitely my downfall too to be fair. I feel like it’s hard with the pressure of the exams to remember everything with correct pronunciation and grammar etc. Oh well, I have faith that we’ve both done great!

Fingers crossed! There’s only 2 other people in my French class (and one of the girls does Spanish too) and we thought the papers were okay but not great, and the speaking was meh. So hopefully grade boundaries are low-ish! :smile:
Reply 17
Thank you! I hope so too. The environment seems so different to high school! What’s your plan now?

I’m (hopefully) going to university - depending on my results aha! I hope to study English. Im so nervous like having to move out and live somewhere new as well as making new friends and doing a degree. It’s all such a big change, I’m not sure I’m ready!
I’m (hopefully) going to university - depending on my results aha! I hope to study English. Im so nervous like having to move out and live somewhere new as well as making new friends and doing a degree. It’s all such a big change, I’m not sure I’m ready!

Wow! Best of luck with that!! It’ll be a massive change. Change is a good thing though! You’ll adapt. X I can imagine it’ll be so weird at first. X
awaiting my gcse results and think I’ve done AWFUL literally never want the day to come round but also just want it to hurry up if that makes sense?😩🤣

Quick Reply

Latest