The Student Room Group

Primary or Secondary PGCE?

Scroll to see replies

Woo, so I've finally found a placement. I'm meeting with the Head tomorrow and he's showing me around. What are some good questions I could ask to show my interest? I have a few basic ones, but I'm worried my mind will go blank, or I'll ask quite blanket-covered questions. What are some specific ones that I should ask to really get a feel of the role and what's expected of me?
Reply 41
Original post by Blbrown2
I doubt you will be the oldest one there I m 26 about to start my pgce this year. Some people enter teaching at 40/50 as a career change. I assume that primary and secondary school teachers are always in demand. As people only say in the field for up to 5 years then move on it has a high turnover rate. If your teaching a degree in maths as you said core you may be in more demand . I have 2-3 years experience in special needs that why I want to be a teacher and no there is no separate course however east London and a select few offer a special needs course with a pgce . Special needs teachers are in high demand as well because not a lot of people want to work in special needs.Not sure about teacher first I m going my course at Greenwich university .Hope this helps .

Hi - which PGCE are you doing primary or secondary? I want to apply with Greenwich too but I want to do secondary however my degree is in Sociology so pretty sure won’t get far with this 😔and I would ideally like to teach English or another core subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending