I'm going to the Edinburgh Fringe: what should I see?

Watch
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
:blow:The Edinburgh Fringe Festival Starts TODAY :blow:

I'll soon be off up to Scotty land to experience the Edinburgh Fringe Festival myself.:woo:

I'm just wondering though, what performances should I go and see?

I've just had a quick look through this article and thought it was quite good. Has anyone here had experience of any of these performers and which ones they #WouldRecommend?

If you're thinking of going yourself you can access a full list of what's on here, and have a look at this little video to get a flavour of what it's all like.

If you have a recommendation, feel free to post it below, maybe with a link to the show, or maybe post a little video taken from a previous performance or something?

Really looking forward to seeing what you guys think I should go see.
Professor Oak
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I LOVE the Edinburgh Festival. What are you most looking forward to seeing?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Edinburgh was absolutely jumpin yesterday! Definitely get yourself to the Royal Mile
04MR17
Rep:
?
BlinkyBill, any recommends?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hear there's some nonsense featuring a vicar in a lift. Apparently it's absolutely divine!

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/doors-opening

Posted from TSR Mobile
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Edinburgh Castle :yes: and park :mmm:
Take advantage of your surroundings and the scenery as well as the amazing festival :yy:
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Edinburgh Castle :yes: and park :mmm:
Take advantage of your surroundings and the scenery as well as the amazing festival :yy:
^ Seconded

Going up Arthur's seat, and a wee visit inside parliament are good shouts too
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 04MR17)

:blow:The Edinburgh Fringe Festival Starts TODAY :blow:

I'll soon be off up to Scotty land to experience the Edinburgh Fringe Festival myself.:woo:

I'm just wondering though, what performances should I go and see?

I've just had a quick look through this article and thought it was quite good. Has anyone here had experience of any of these performers and which ones they #WouldRecommend?

If you're thinking of going yourself you can access a full list of what's on here, and have a look at this little video to get a flavour of what it's all like.

If you have a recommendation, feel free to post it below, maybe with a link to the show, or maybe post a little video taken from a previous performance or something?

Really looking forward to seeing what you guys think I should go see.
YYYAAASSSSSSS

I was there this weekend! Okay so, recommendations:

After Hours Cabaret Club - hilarious, weird, sweary, amazing - a whole bunch of Australians
Best of the Fest - collection of short comedy acts from around the fest - great way to start your Fringe
Circolumbia - best circus I've seen in a long time. My favourite show of the festival
When the friendship has sailed - full disclosure, this is one of my aussie friend's show, but it's also incredible. Hilarious, poignant, and there's a singing goldfish
Massaoke - mass karaoke. So fun.
Soweto Gospel Choir - so beautiful I cried.
Djuki Mala - Aussie Indigenous dance troupe... but with a twist.
Dysney Disfunction - more 'straight' theatre, but a really impressive show

I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU END UP SEEING I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU OH MY GOSH!
04MR17
Rep:
?
Some of my own recommendations after going...

Shit-faced Shakespeare.

Hilarious and my joint favourite thing of the week as well as.....

Kidding

Thought provoking piece about motherhood, childhood and parenting. Possibly saw Juliet Stevenson in the audience.:ninja:
Sadly it's already finished but if you see any of this Theatre company's work its' worth it. I hope they return next year.

Tape Face Show

Thoroughly entertaining and a masterclass in how to interact with an audience. A smidge expensive for what's in the show but I'm glad I went. Better seeing it with a group of people too.

O FFS

Really funny and well worth seeing.

Buried

A musical about 2 serial killers falling in love. Really original and inventive, buy tickets before they sell out.

And that concludes my #TopFiveAtTheFringe #WouldRecommend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise