Is feeling insecure about your looks normal? Watch

CologneGuy17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi everyone. I've just turned 17 years of age and I have a few concerns. I live in Australia! This site seemed interesting so I decided to join. How can I be more confident in how I look? I have strong features, clear skin, thick golden brown hair, and I stand at 5 foot 9 with broad shoulders. I feel confident yet slightly insecure. I don't have low self esteem. I've never had any mental issues. However I'm feeling insecure. My face is too wide. My nose is too straight. I feel very insecure. I can't ever date someone if I don't change my face.

I've never had a girlfriend, which doesn't worry me. I'm happy and content in my own company. I aspire to study Law or Political Science after I finish high School. I enjoy reading. I ride a scooter still at 17 haha. I enjoy bike riding. I've never really used social media. I have a face book account and I only have 12 friends. Everyone else in my life has 1000+ friends on Facebook. I am an only child and my parents are well educated. My dad is an Engineer and my mum worked within International Relations.

How can I have the courage to stop feeling insecure?
Jbig99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Its come with time and experience of different social interactions. Focus on your positives and think about how you can bring them out. Like you mentioned about your hair etc.
hello_shawn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you want to feel confident about yourself, avoid adverts that try to tell you that you must look a certain way
I think you're doing all you can, I cycle too and I gave up on the gym a long time ago.
Analyst89
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Some days you will look nice and other days you may not.

Hit the gym, eat 5 portions of fruit and veg per day, drink lots of water.

As another person mentioned think about the positives.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
just practice radiating positive energy.... the sheilas will be round you like flies on an overflowing dunny.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (17)
14.41%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (8)
6.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (24)
20.34%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (19)
16.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (14)
11.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (36)
30.51%

Watched Threads