Turn on thread page Beta

(Hopefully Not) A Cat-Astrophic A-level Journey: GYG 2018-19 watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    maybe a list of some sort would motivate you just so you can check stuff off? i'm sure you're not the only one who's having a lazy summer:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaizieAmyr)
    I'm also taking the last week off. :five:
    Making the most out of summer

(Original post by Sinnoh)
    I just use the default notes app on my phone, but I've pinned the two important ones to my home screen, like so:
    I got the idea from reading "Getting Things Done" by David Allen. Very useful book.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sinnoh's full of good ideas :yep:
    Might hit that book up

(Original post by 04MR17)
    Food though.:gah:

Please don't be concerned about getting work done. You are given a break for a reason, and that reason is not for teachers to go to Florida.:nah:
    I know right? :yum:
    True but it still feels like I should be doing SOMEthing other than spend the days like a layabout

(Original post by Lemur14)
    True... But whatever
    Sorry to hear you're lacking in motivation :hugs: I have the same problem tbh... I need to have all my work done by tomorrow as I'm away for literally the rest of the summer minus like 4 days and I'm nowhere near done :facepalm: Let alone the bit of extra work I wanted to do to get up to speed :oops: So yeah I relate a lot :five: You can do it :rave:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: :jumphug: :lovehug: :cube: :penguinhug: :lovie: <-- didn't respond to your last one
    TOMORROW?!? That's approaching fast
    You can do it too!! :rave:

(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    maybe a list of some sort would motivate you just so you can check stuff off? i'm sure you're not the only one who's having a lazy summer:yep:
    True. That could work :dontknow:
    That makes me feel somewhat better :yes:

ReputationRep:
    OADFGHDGDASGNGASD!!! Your AVATAR is LIFE!!! :jumphug: :heart:
    • Community Assistant
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Answer Heroes
    #LayaboutLivesMatter :sadnod:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    OADFGHDGDASGNGASD!!! Your AVATAR is LIFE!!! :jumphug: :heart:
    :hugs:

(Original post by nyxnko_)

True. That could work :dontknow:
    That makes me feel somewhat better :yes:
    i'm having a lazy summer also it's great:lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Answer Heroes
    :hugs: :jumphug: :lovehug: :cube: :penguinhug: :lovie: <-- didn't respond to your last one
    TOMORROW?!? That's approaching fast
    You can do it too!! :rave:
    :hugs: :jumphug: :cube: :lovehug: :penguinhug: :lovie:
    It is :cry: It's never gonna be done...I've been working pretty solidly while I've been at home this summer and I just don't have enough time :eek:
    Thank you :hugs: I can't but anyway

ReputationRep:
    #LayaboutLivesMatter :sadnod:
    PRSOM!
    Can't dispute that

i'm having a lazy summer also it's great:lol:
    I never said it wasn't great I just wish I was doing more :lol:

It is :cry: It's never gonna be done...I've been working pretty solidly while I've been at home this summer and I just don't have enough time :eek:
    Thank you :hugs: I can't but anyway
    Welp, you've done your best :console: And that should be enough :yes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Answer Heroes
    Welp, you've done your best :console: And that should be enough :yes:
    Settled down and worked solidly til midnight last night and got 7 of 12 sections done :woo: So not done by any stretch but feeling a lot better about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Settled down and worked solidly til midnight last night and got 7 of 12 sections done :woo: So not done by any stretch but feeling a lot better about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :woo: Well done for getting most of it done. Good luck with the rest! :rave:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Answer Heroes
    :woo: Well done for getting most of it done. Good luck with the rest! :rave:
    Thank you! I got up opened the document and then remembered why I stopped last night :rofl: I have no clue what I'm writing :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Tag me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elle.lx)
    Tag me!
    Sure :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    17/08/18: Post-Results Day

My productivity has somewhat increased… I guess I’ve managed to get my hands on a blank notebook that I have now magicked into a to-do/productivity notebook. It worked for about 3 days before I gave up because of pre-results nerves.

So what have I been up to? (Other than thinking up a new thread title :facepalm:) Starting on the 11th, I tried to work as much as possible. So now, I’ve now finished most of Chapter 4 of Pure Year 13 Maths, which I have to admit is the shortest chapter in the book but also the most tedious. I’ve also done a bit more for Chemistry but I think I’ve done the most for SAT Physics, having finished both the diagnostic test (in which I got about 660) and notes for Chapter 1 and started notes for Chapter 2. With any luck, I’ll have Chapters 2 and 3 done by next week :crossedf: However, for the last few days, I’ve been slacking a bit. Not really though, my mum keeps dragging me out to go shopping, to watch movies and to visit my relatives (which was pretty fun, seeing as I got to meet my 3-month-old cousin).

As usual, I still don’t have my personal statement written, I still haven’t started reading that book that I’ve been planning to read for about half a year and I still haven’t exercised but it’s getting better. I got my results yesterday (4 As :woo:) and I’m still on a bit of a motivational high so maybe, I will get that book read and I will get my personal statement written soon.

Regardless, hope you like my new thread title and please check out my newly-updated OP.
    EDIT: On second thought, don't bother checking the OP. Nothing's changed much.

Love you all,
    Kei

Tagged Lovelies :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Please tell me if you would like to be added/removed from the tag list, I would be happy to accommodate.
    Also, if you’ve changed your username, the tags don’t work, etc. etc., tell me as well.
    (Original post by FuryBall)
    x
    (Original post by FloralPrints)
    x
    (Original post by daytonic)
    x
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    x
    x
    x
    (Original post by stalkingsilence)
    x
    (Original post by SomMC1)
    x
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    x
    (Original post by CinnamonSmol)
    x
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    x
    x
    (Original post by psc---maths)
    x
    (Original post by StudyJosh)
    x
    (Original post by Lilsthebest)
    x
    (Original post by yellowtulips)
    x
    (Original post by Phirstman)
    x
    x
    (Original post by dinomite)
    x
    (Original post by Manilaxx)
    x
    (Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
    x
    (Original post by lea.bean)
    x
    (Original post by elle.lx)
    x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    17/08/18: Post-Results Day

My productivity has somewhat increased… I guess I’ve managed to get my hands on a blank notebook that I have now magicked into a to-do/productivity notebook. It worked for about 3 days before I gave up because of pre-results nerves.

So what have I been up to? (Other than thinking up a new thread title :facepalm:) Starting on the 11th, I tried to work as much as possible. So now, I’ve now finished most of Chapter 4 of Pure Year 13 Maths, which I have to admit is the shortest chapter in the book but also the most tedious. I’ve also done a bit more for Chemistry but I think I’ve done the most for SAT Physics, having finished both the diagnostic test (in which I got about 660) and notes for Chapter 1 and started notes for Chapter 2. With any luck, I’ll have Chapters 2 and 3 done by next week :crossedf: However, for the last few days, I’ve been slacking a bit. Not really though, my mum keeps dragging me out to go shopping, to watch movies and to visit my relatives (which was pretty fun, seeing as I got to meet my 3-month-old cousin).

As usual, I still don’t have my personal statement written, I still haven’t started reading that book that I’ve been planning to read for about half a year and I still haven’t exercised but it’s getting better. I got my results yesterday (4 As :woo:) and I’m still on a bit of a motivational high so maybe, I will get that book read and I will get my personal statement written soon.

Regardless, hope you like my new thread title and please check out my newly-updated OP.
    EDIT: On second thought, don't bother checking the OP. Nothing's changed much.

Love you all,
    Kei

Tagged Lovelies :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Please tell me if you would like to be added/removed from the tag list, I would be happy to accommodate.
    Also, if you’ve changed your username, the tags don’t work, etc. etc., tell me as well.

well done for such good grades wow! woo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinnamonSmol)
    well done for such good grades wow! woo!
    Thank you!! :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well done on your AS! it may be at the expense of work, but at least you're going out.
    Nice new title too

ReputationRep:
    Well done on your AS! it may be at the expense of work, but at least you're going out.
    Nice new title too
    Thank you! :hugs: Yep, I'm going out a lot. I think I'm out tomorrow as well
    Glad you like it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    loving the new title :love:
    well done for your AS grades :yep: very much deserved
    :jumphug:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Well done of the 4As, that's absolutely amazing :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    loving the new title :love:
    well done for your AS grades :yep: very much deserved
    :jumphug:
    Thank you! :jumphug:

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    Well done of the 4As, that's absolutely amazing :jumphug:
    Thank you!! :lovehug:

(I'm sure both of you have already said something similar on my last GYG )

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.