The Student Room Group

Is it weird i got my CAS while am holding a conditional offer on UCAS?

I am applying for the Undergraduate degree. I met all of my conditions, mailed them to the admission team, and got a reply with the CAS saying that I met their conditions. I kinda confuse cos don't I suppose to get an unconditional offer and pay for the deposit first before getting a CAS?

Just to clarify. I am an international student.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by chilee1204
I am applying for the Undergraduate degree. I met all of my conditions, mailed them to the admission team, and got a reply with the CAS saying that I met their conditions. I kinda confuse cos don't I suppose to get an unconditional offer and pay for the deposit first before getting a CAS?

If you've already met all the conditions, your offer will automatically become unconditional. If you've firmly accepted your unconditional offer, ti will be assume you will be attending there for UG.

The CAS form is used to tell banks etc you WILL be a student so can open up a student bank account and apply for Visas.

'Pay for the deposit' - Are you a foreign student not applying via UCAS? If you've received your CAS, I would pay your deposit as soon as possible.

Congratulations anyway :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
What syllabus did you do e.g a levels or ib e.t.c
And what University?
Original post by BMEleo
What syllabus did you do e.g a levels or ib e.t.c
And what University?

Canadian diploma with IB course certificate. And Im applying for UofLeeds
Original post by CTLeafez
If you've already met all the conditions, your offer will automatically become unconditional. If you've firmly accepted your unconditional offer, ti will be assume you will be attending there for UG.

The CAS form is used to tell banks etc you WILL be a student so can open up a student bank account and apply for Visas.

'Pay for the deposit' - Are you a foreign student not applying via UCAS? If you've received your CAS, I would pay your deposit as soon as possible.

Congratulations anyway :smile:

Thxx. I am an international student applying through UCAS. When I check my UCAS track, it still says that I have a conditional offer (firmly accepted). Like you said, it would automatically turn to unconditional. That means there is no need for uni to update the status?
Original post by chilee1204
Thxx. I am an international student applying through UCAS. When I check my UCAS track, it still says that I have a conditional offer (firmly accepted). Like you said, it would automatically turn to unconditional. That means there is no need for uni to update the status?

If the Uni told you you've met the conditions and confirmed you, it may take a couple days to inform UCAS and for them to update your application.
Reply 6
Original post by username4197222

Hello
I am current in the same situation as you.
My uni made my application manually as it was deferred to March and they had to cancel my original application via Ucas.
My application is conditional and firmly accepted.
They sent me my conditional letter earlier. I was asked to send outstanding documents and pay deposit to secure my unconditional offer.
I am yet to do my occupational health check and police report may I please ask if this is the doctor’s report I.e your childhood immunizations. Also, can I pay the deposit given that my offer is conditional and not unconditional.

Quick Reply

Latest