The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did! What would you like help with?
I have my equivalency science gcse test next week. I really need to pass this! I am training to become a primary school teacher having bassed both the skills tests, I am just relying on this now! I can't find any general science based exams. What sorts of questions came up? Do I just need to make sure that I study all the topics on the syllabus guide provided by A star teachers? What about learning chemical formulae and all of these equations? Please help and advise me on what I should be doing. I have made tons of notes and I just keep reading over, but the majority hasn't sank in yet. I still can't even answer the exam practice questions!! What can I do with just one week left!
Reply 3
hi, can you help how your test was ? I am preparing for english .
Reply 4
Original post by sian4242
Who has done the Science Equivalency test through A star? I really need help

hi , I have just done my english exam with Astar and I still remember the whole question paper . There were three resources in section A :

They are :

Wind Farm Could blight one in Six beauty Spots..This was from telegraph newpaper
Storm by Sea by Claire Francis :colone:xplain some of the thoughts and feelings Claire Francis has during the storm.(worth 8 marks)

Source 1: an online newspaper article called Wind farms could blight one in
six beauty spots by Ben Leach

Source 2: an article called Up, up and away - the day that armchair travel
really took off by Valentine Low

Source 3: Storm at Sea an extract from a non-fiction book by Claire Francis

In Section B there were two question : One decision you or someone u know they have made and impact and consequences of your decision .
Question 2 was write an article on saving resources and going green ..against or in favour.
Reply 5

The paper was quite difficult. I guess I diidnt revise enough of the material. After studying the eye and digestive system and all sorts of formulas the one I revised didnt come up. I had questions about the skin which I completely skipped on the revision. I would suggest covering a bit of everything. We were told certain things will definitely come up however not much of that did. Best to take time and revise. I missed out by 10 which was probably due to the multiple choice otherwise could have been lower.
Reply 6

I have done the A* Star Teachers Equivalency Test/ Exam and i can help -- if its not too late :smile:

The combined science GCSE equivalency test and it had 6 modules with x 24 multiple choice questions and you needed 55% to get your C/4
Hi, is it possible for you to help me with what i should revise in order to pass... I am wondering how much help A Star Equivalency provide..
Reply 8
I am hoping to sit the biology equivalency test. Is it difficult or easy compared to gcse?
I have my combine science in two days any help would be greatly appreciated
Original post by Twin246
I am hoping to sit the biology equivalency test. Is it difficult or easy compared to gcse?

I took this from their website on this page (link below) - if have not studied Biology for a bit then it maybe better to do their Single Award (combined science)
https://astarequivalency.co.uk/biology/

From this page
The GCSE Biology equivalency is a single science discipline and therefore requires a stronger depth of knowledge and understanding. The GCSE Combined Science equivalency test is spread more thinly across Biology, Chemistry and Physics and therefore it has a little less depth.

Consequently, the GCSE Biology equivalency exam best suits candidates with a reasonably strong of knowledge and understanding of Biology and candidates that have not studied Biology or Science for some time may find more success with the Combined Science equivalency.

Both are GCSE equivalencies so as difficult as a GCSE but i have reports people find the combined science a better option

Hope this helps :-)
Original post by Risha0110
Hi, is it possible for you to help me with what i should revise in order to pass... I am wondering how much help A Star Equivalency provide..

Reports are they do support well -- I have dealt with them myself - if it isn't too late now just give them a call -- their number is on their website :-)
Original post by laurynpbelcher
I have my combine science in two days any help would be greatly appreciated

who are you taking yours with? im still waiting to hear from equivalency testing.
Original post by cimbomlu_kaan
I have my equivalency science gcse test next week. I really need to pass this! I am training to become a primary school teacher having bassed both the skills tests, I am just relying on this now! I can't find any general science based exams. What sorts of questions came up? Do I just need to make sure that I study all the topics on the syllabus guide provided by A star teachers? What about learning chemical formulae and all of these equations? Please help and advise me on what I should be doing. I have made tons of notes and I just keep reading over, but the majority hasn't sank in yet. I still can't even answer the exam practice questions!! What can I do with just one week left!

Hey! I’m in the same boat as you! How did it go? Any advice what topics to cover specifically? Thanks :smile:

Hi! I’m in the same boat as you! Any advice what topics to cover etc? Than :smile:

Hey! I’m in the same boat as you! I need mycombined science equivalency before September to be able to do my teacher training! Any advice/topics I should cover etc thank you! Kelly :smile:
Reply 16
Hi is anyone taking Or taken their English test with A star. Please I need some help. Stressing out
Reply 17
Original post by Dave1021
I have done the A* Star Teachers Equivalency Test/ Exam and i can help -- if its not too late :smile:

The combined science GCSE equivalency test and it had 6 modules with x 24 multiple choice questions and you needed 55% to get your C/4

Hi
do you remember what sort of questions came? Are they tricky?
Original post by Dave1021

Hi Dave! I hope your test went well?! Just wondering if you can remember any specific topics/things I should revise specifically?? and if you felt you had enough time to answer the questions because it more than one a min! Thanks :smile: Kelly
Original post by chocas1
The paper was quite difficult. I guess I diidnt revise enough of the material. After studying the eye and digestive system and all sorts of formulas the one I revised didnt come up. I had questions about the skin which I completely skipped on the revision. I would suggest covering a bit of everything. We were told certain things will definitely come up however not much of that did. Best to take time and revise. I missed out by 10 which was probably due to the multiple choice otherwise could have been lower.

Hey! Have you had a chance to resit?? I just wondered if there are any areas/topics that you can remember that came up that I should revise more of? Thanks :smile: Kelly