Alisha999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So Alevel results day is so soon and I am extremely worried. I worry about everything/anyone and this is just too much! I'm known to very "empathetic".
I've worked extremely hard for the last 2 years and my teachers know that I am such a hardworking student but I am so scared.
I find it difficult to sleep at night.
How about if I've let my teachers down? Or my parents?😢 I'm going to be so embarrassed!

I'm especially worried for Chemistry I did OCR-I feel like the only one who found it difficult and my Chemistry teacher went the extra mile for me and I REALLy don't want to let her down-I want to atleast get a C! As she's helped me ALOT because she knew it wasn't my strongest subject.

I fear I may not get into Univeristy-I've applied for Optometry and Aston uni is the only local uni that do my course and I don't want to go far. If I don't get in im going to be shattered😢😢
I had applied for something else but had got rejected from all 5 unis so Optometry is my last chance-so this is why I'm so nervous and worried!!!😢

I can't stop worrying- I find it difficult to sleep, can't eat- can't enjoy anything for a long time I'm just constantly thinking about results day and as the days are getting closer I feel like I have a lump in my throat and feel so sick! And so weak!

One of my teacher knows about me worrying and had told me to keep in touch especially if I begin to get very anxious.
But I feel bad getting in touch and telling her how I'm feeling about results day-because she's on holiday and I dint want her worrying about me.
I'm feeling dizzy and have headaches occasionally. I cry because I don't want to be a failure and I definitely don't want to let anyone down.
I hide my tears in front of family and it's at night when I'm in bed that I just let everything out.

I think I may have anxiety-my teachers had touched on this whilst I was in sixth form. But I don't want to take this anxiety matter any further-I just want to keep it to myself-it may just be nothing and may go away after results day.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that everyone who worked hard gets the grades they deserve.
BusinessExpert
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Alisha999)
So Alevel results day is so soon and I am extremely worried. I worry about everything/anyone and this is just too much! I'm known to very "empathetic".
I've worked extremely hard for the last 2 years and my teachers know that I am such a hardworking student but I am so scared.
I find it difficult to sleep at night.
How about if I've let my teachers down? Or my parents?😢 I'm going to be so embarrassed!

I'm especially worried for Chemistry I did OCR-I feel like the only one who found it difficult and my Chemistry teacher went the extra mile for me and I REALLy don't want to let her down-I want to atleast get a C! As she's helped me ALOT because she knew it wasn't my strongest subject.

I fear I may not get into Univeristy-I've applied for Optometry and Aston uni is the only local uni that do my course and I don't want to go far. If I don't get in im going to be shattered😢😢
I had applied for something else but had got rejected from all 5 unis so Optometry is my last chance-so this is why I'm so nervous and worried!!!😢

I can't stop worrying- I find it difficult to sleep, can't eat- can't enjoy anything for a long time I'm just constantly thinking about results day and as the days are getting closer I feel like I have a lump in my throat and feel so sick! And so weak!

One of my teacher knows about me worrying and had told me to keep in touch especially if I begin to get very anxious.
But I feel bad getting in touch and telling her how I'm feeling about results day-because she's on holiday and I dint want her worrying about me.
I'm feeling dizzy and have headaches occasionally. I cry because I don't want to be a failure and I definitely don't want to let anyone down.
I hide my tears in front of family and it's at night when I'm in bed that I just let everything out.

I think I may have anxiety-my teachers had touched on this whilst I was in sixth form. But I don't want to take this anxiety matter any further-I just want to keep it to myself-it may just be nothing and may go away after results day.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that everyone who worked hard gets the grades they deserve.
I skipped A-levels. Doing well now. Chill.
icygrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don’t worry because worrying makes u stressed > stress causes spots > spots causes stress and the cycle continues. Whatever grades you get please don’t let it define ur intelligence or ur worth as a person 💕
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I might be wrong but if u want to go down optometry route, you can also get apprenticeship at specsavers or vision express etc. a girl in my maths class dropped out of sixth form half way into yr 12 and got into specsavers and was in the local news recently for being the youngest to reach some type of qualification in specsavers. I just think theres more routes other than uni so u ought not to worry too much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads