Which topics for A Level AQA Sociology paper 2? Watch

Nat_rg
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m being homeschooled this year for A-Level sociology (AQA) and I’m struggling to pick my two topics for paper 2 (sections A&B). Which ones are mostly studied in schools (most popular)? Which ones have the most information available? That sort of thing. Thank you 😊
I've also completed A Levels in Geography and Health & Social care if that helps link to some of the topics.

Just to refresh people’s memories:

SECTION A:
Culture and Identity
Families and Households
Health
Work, Poverty and Welfare

SECTION B:
Beliefs in Society
Global Development
The Media
Stratification and Differentiation
Last edited by Nat_rg; 6 months ago
nadeemharis410
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Nat_rg)
I’m being homeschooled this year for A-Level sociology (AQA) and I’m struggling to pick my two topics for paper 2 (sections A&B). Which ones are mostly studied in schools (most popular)? Which ones have the most information available? That sort of thing. Thank you 😊
I've also completed A Levels in Geography and Health & Social care if that helps link to some of the topics.

SECTION A:
Culture and Identity
Families and Households
Health

SECTION B:
Beliefs in Society
Global Development
The Media
Families and Households and Beliefs in Society, I also did the sociology A level independently
Nat_rg
Rep:
?
(Original post by nadeemharis410)
Families and Households and Beliefs in Society, I also did the sociology A level independently
Thank you! Definitely doing families and households now then. Still undecided on section A between Health and Culture & Identity, as I have previously studied Health before in Geography and Heath and Social care A Levels, so I don't know if that would make health easier.
nadeemharis410
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you! Definitely doing families and households now then. Still undecided on section A between Health and Culture & Identity, as I have previously studied Health before in Geography and Heath and Social care A Levels, so I don't know if that would make health easier.
Just try and find some revision notes online for it and see if any topics overlap from your other subjects.I get my results on the 16th I'll let you know if it's a decent grade
Nat_rg
Rep:
?
All being well that'll be me in a year (why did I think it was a good idea to do the entire A Level in 1 year).
Good luck! I'm sure you did great.
Student499
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

SECTION A:
Culture and Identity
Families and Households
Health

SECTION B:
Beliefs in Society
Global Development
The Media
Hi,families and households and beliefs in society are the most popular ones i think
However, I did Culture and identity and the media and found the topics to be incredibly interesting and they tied in nicely with the other papers. For instance this year, the 30m question for C&D was on media representations of crime!
My teacher said (unsure if true) as there are less people sitting the papers that arent F&H/B.i.S, the markers will usually not suffer from lazy 'ive been up since 3am and will skim read this' syndrome and will take a bit more time ib reading through your work.
Obviously I am biased but would reccommend C&I at the very least because its so interesting and definitely helped me gain a better understanding of the perspectives of sociology! (big help for the theory questions in theory and methods)

I cannot account for the other topics which may be just as good and may have more resources as more people study them (helpful for you as you are homeschooled).
Choose what you think you will enjoy learning about the most
I really hope you enjoy learning whatever content you choose
Nat_rg
Rep:
?
Thank you for the replies, I’ve decided on health for section A because I’ve had a look through some revision guides for health and I’ve already got good knowledge of about a 1/3 of the topic. I’ve also decided on Beliefs in Society for section B, as there is a lot of information available for that topic. Thank you so much. You guys really helped me decide. 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nadeemharis410
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
All being well that'll be me in a year (why did I think it was a good idea to do the entire A Level in 1 year).
Good luck! I'm sure you did great.
I got an A*))) if you need any help over the next year just send a message.
Nat_rg
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by nadeemharis410)
I got an A*))) if you need any help over the next year just send a message.
Well done! Thank you for the help so far 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nadeemharis410
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Well done! Thank you for the help so far 😊
No worries, I'm happy to help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%