How much muscle gain can females have before they are deemed 'unattractive'? Watch

inthedark1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How much muscle gain can a woman achieve before she is deemed 'unattractive' generally by men?

If she is only a short (5ft) petite build (small breasts for arguments sake) could she gain more muscle and still look appealing?

Pics would help
Student-95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hard to put a number on it because there are lots of variables at play but when she goes from fit to ripped.
inthedark1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student-95)
Hard to put a number on it because there are lots of variables at play but when she goes from fit to ripped.
So when she has muscle definition? I thought fit looking involved muscle definition
Student-95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by inthedark1)
So when she has muscle definition? I thought fit looking involved muscle definition
Toned is alright but when they start looking like low level male body builders.
TheFarmerLad
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on the height, frame, use of steroids.. but in general it’s pretty damn hard for a girl to build a substantial amount of muscle
inthedark1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student-95)
Toned is alright but when they start looking like low level male body builders.
So is this classes as fit or ripped?

Name:  FIT-WOMAN-ABS-656147.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  55.3 KB
username2569523
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s not really about the muscle mass, but more so to do with how lean they are. Excessive leanness can be unattractive imo. I like thicc girls and they have a good amount of muscle (quads, glutes, back), but also got a good amount of fat covering them. Bone structure is important too, a small waist is preferable.
inthedark1
Rep:
?
So you wouldn't want say a female distance runner look (very slim arms and legs) but you would want say a sprinters look where there is higher muscle mass but also a slight increase in fat? I guess a bit like (when switching the sexes) how women are not keen on a body builders very ripped look but they find the rugby player look (i.e. muscle and fat) attractive?
username2569523
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So you wouldn't want say a female distance runner look (very slim arms and legs) but you would want say a sprinters look where there is higher muscle mass but also a slight increase in fat? I guess a bit like (when switching the sexes) how women are not keen on a body builders very ripped look but they find the rugby player look (i.e. muscle and fat) attractive?
Yes, exactly!

But even then, there are some exceptions
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pretty much what burrito said above. To add to that, I don't think it's possible for women to get too muscular naturally. When they start getting a manly level of muscularity then you know steroids have been used.
inthedark1
Rep:
?
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Pretty much what burrito said above. To add to that, I don't think it's possible for women to get too muscular naturally. When they start getting a manly level of muscularity then you know steroids have been used.
What would you deem the picture I posted above as, does that body type look decent or too muscular
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What would you deem the picture I posted above as, does that body type look decent or too muscular
Bit lean for my liking, certainly not too muscular though! Amazing shape.
Sexybadman
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As long as they don’t jump on steroids it’s pretty hard to look clapped
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Like literally only the freaks at the very fringe of muscle gain. The pictures already posted are easy 10/10s.
BKS
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think I've ever seen a woman (who's not using steroids) who's so muscular that I wouldn't find her attractive based on that. I don't like proper lean either and I think that's generally true- I think most people who like men too would prefer not ripped.

The thing is there's always going to be guys who won't find women with more than a little bit of muscle mass attractive. But so what? If it's what you want and it makes you happy then do it. If you want to be proper lean then do it. You don't need to best your odds of attracting a guy by trying to have the broadest appeal possible, you need to do what you want and find a guy who is into that- that's how you actually end up happy.
username4194294
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BMI is what you want to be looking at. Your muscle to fat rate is what is important. I am a gymnast and my body fat % is pretty low making my muscle % pretty high. Giving me a high muscle to fat BMI. This gives me the strength in a small body to do those strength routines. So that is what you need to be focusing on. As for being attractive or unattractive if a girl has too much muscle mass that is up to the eyes looking at her. I can’t answer that one.
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My girlfriend came 7th at Nationals when a junior in her weight class. You'd never know she lifted irl. Its impossible for a woman to get too muscular naturally. Too lean, sure, too lean for either sex looks weird. But for your average natty, you'll never look freaky or anything close to it
Ringstone
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How much muscle gain can a woman achieve before she is deemed 'unattractive' generally by men?

If she is only a short (5ft) petite build (small breasts for arguments sake) could she gain more muscle and still look appealing?

Pics would help
Name:  Simona-Halep.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  25.1 KB

The picture attached is Simona Halep, current World No1 female tennis player.
She spends hours on the court and the weight room.
She has muscles in her spit.
She also has a body that young men would crawl over broken glass for.
Work out to your hearts content, toned is better than lard-arsed any day!

I think everyone agrees that "bag of walnuts" female body builders look...unusual shall we say?
That is an incredibly difficult look for a girl to achieve both due to low testosterone levels and naturally higher levels of sub cutaneous fat smoothing everything out.
You're talking an extremely restricted diet, insane weights...and probably a bit of chemical assistance.... not normal life.

Halep is only 5/06, but if you want further closer to your height, Google pictures of Anna Smashnova [terrific name for a tennis player] 5/01.8 in her stocking. feet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (71)
33.02%
No I don't (102)
47.44%
I work during the holidays (42)
19.53%

Watched Threads