kellymp1982
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am wondering if anyone has completed the MA mentioned above? If so, do you have suggested readings to start prior to the course beginning in September.

Eager to get started
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
kellymp1982
Rep:
Perfect 👌 thanks ☺
StaffsUniMaxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hey!

Sounds like a really exciting course!

Staffordshire University might know someone who can throw you a reading list!

Hope you enjoy your MA!

- Gee
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kellymp1982)
I am wondering if anyone has completed the MA mentioned above? If so, do you have suggested readings to start prior to the course beginning in September.

Eager to get started

Hi kellymp1982

Here's a reply from the course leader:

All new students should have received a course handbook via email. Did you receive this?

I’ve also been telling people – if they are enrolled – they should have access to the virtually learning platform, blackboard. On Blackboard – there is the course organisation. Lots of useful information is on this, including the handbook.

The handbook has a course structure that tells students what modules they will be studying – so they could look up these modules and peruse some of the readings.

You could also visit the module descriptors https://www.staffs.ac.uk/current/student/modules/ – search for SOCY70512 Researching Transnational Justice and Organised Crime – which is the first module you will be doing in September, the module descriptor will have some readings-texts that can be looked at.

Also, there’s lots of topical stuff about organised crime in the news. E.g. Malta – assassination of journalist, and Myan Mar* are potentially going to be charged for war crimes – crimes against humanity in the Hague – so this might be worth reading about…

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Harriet
kellymp1982
Rep:
(Original post by Staffordshire University)
Hi kellymp1982

Here's a reply from the course leader:

All new students should have received a course handbook via email. Did you receive this?

I’ve also been telling people – if they are enrolled – they should have access to the virtually learning platform, blackboard. On Blackboard – there is the course organisation. Lots of useful information is on this, including the handbook.

The handbook has a course structure that tells students what modules they will be studying – so they could look up these modules and peruse some of the readings.

You could also visit the module descriptors https://www.staffs.ac.uk/current/student/modules/ – search for SOCY70512 Researching Transnational Justice and Organised Crime – which is the first module you will be doing in September, the module descriptor will have some readings-texts that can be looked at.

Also, there’s lots of topical stuff about organised crime in the news. E.g. Malta – assassination of journalist, and Myan Mar* are potentially going to be charged for war crimes – crimes against humanity in the Hague – so this might be worth reading about…

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Harriet
Hi, Yes i have now received the course book and started doing some research

Thanks for your response, much appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (38)
9.62%
Okay (115)
29.11%
A bit lacking (150)
37.97%
Not good at all (92)
23.29%

Watched Threads