The Student Room Group

I don't want to go to my insurance uni, and won't get the grades for my firm

I was wondering what steps I should take from here to ensure that I have a uni place for the start of this 2018-19 academic year. I don't want it to be at my insurance, when I chose it I stupidly pretty much disregarded it.

Is clearing the best way out of this situation?
What did you choose as your firm/insurance choices + what made you regret the decision?
Reply 2
Original post by raffoth
I was wondering what steps I should take from here to ensure that I have a uni place for the start of this 2018-19 academic year. I don't want it to be at my insurance, when I chose it I stupidly pretty much disregarded it.

Is clearing the best way out of this situation?

I'd phone up your firm and insurance and ask them to release you now. If you wait until results day it might take a few days for you to be released and clearing spaces will be filling up.
Look at clearing see if any unis have the course you want to study.
Tell your insurance now so if you don't get into your firm you'll be put into clearing quicker, then have a look at the clearing search and research any options that you might like the look of then you're prepared as you can be to use clearing on results day.
You can't be 100% sure that you have not been accepted into your firm. If you are sure you do not want to attend your insurance choice, ring them and ask to be released in case you are not accepted into your firm choice. Also look up courses and universities that are in clearing as a back up just in case. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending