Moped criminals and police car in game of chicken Watch

ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Moped criminals in London were fleeing police when a second police car came from the opposite direction. From what I can make out, the second police car was travelling at speed as it ended up flipping over, and the moped driver probably swerved last minute too as one criminal was injured and taken to hospital while the other was able to outrun the cops.

Do you think the second cops should have swerved out of the way? They would have caught both criminals if they rammed them head on or let the moped swerve and skid after falling over with the criminals getting roadburn. As is, it's not a bad outcome as they have one criminal in custody, but if one managed to escape (on foot!) then it's possible with the tactics used that both could have escaped.
have
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
Moped criminals in London were fleeing police when a second police car came from the opposite direction. From what I can make out, the second police car was travelling at speed as it ended up flipping over, and the moped driver probably swerved last minute too as one criminal was injured and taken to hospital while the other was able to outrun the cops.

Do you think the second cops should have swerved out of the way? They would have caught both criminals if they rammed them head on or let the moped swerve and skid after falling over with the criminals getting roadburn. As is, it's not a bad outcome as they have one criminal in custody, but if one managed to escape (on foot!) then it's possible with the tactics used that both could have escaped.
It depends on the crime as well. If it's just petty theft or whatever, I wouldn't mind them getting away too much, but if it's a terrorist or a murderer, yeah run them over.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (224)
72.49%
Jeremy Hunt (85)
27.51%

Watched Threads